You are here

SD on Fathers day

Shr842's picture

Just wanting to know everyone's thoughts/experiences on the subject. What's appropriate/what's not appropriate for SD on this day? 

A little about me, I'm the SM to my boyfriend's 5yr old boy. We've been in a long term relationship since his son was 2. He visits every other weekend here. I don't have any kids so it has definitely been a learning experience to say the least. In the beginning it was a little rocky but I feel like we're all in a stable place with biomom.

Anyways, something came up yesterday that I wanted an opinion on. Each year on Father's day the biomom will let my boyfriend keep his son until like 8 pm that Sunday. Paperwork says 6. So my BF enjoys getting a little extra time with his son on that day. So when he asked her about keeping him the extra 2 hours her response was "I guess so" and it made my BF a little upset. I guess it was like she was trying to make him feel bad. 

She has recently remarried so not sure if she was just trying to let SD have some time or what. My BF is definitely greatful for her giving him extra time but it felt very off to him this time bc she's normally cool about it. 

What do you think? Should SD be able to share this day with biodads? Just genuinely curious. Thx

Rags's picture

If the Custody/Visitation order is that restrictive on your SO it may well be time for him to get back to court to get some more visitation time with his child and have some key holidays hammered out.  FD for him, MD for BM, split the rest either Even/Odd years or every other holiday in calendar order, etc....