You are here

SD wants her dad all to herself.

Candies987's picture

HELP!! my husband and i have been married for 6 yrs but known each other 10+ yrs. he has 2 girls w 2 different woman (one is an X wife, whom we will call Tammy). I have 2 children from a previous marriage.
My husband is in the Army and hasnt gone back to DC to visit his daughter since taking orders to CA. its been about 3 yrs. when he was stationed in MD, he would drive home every weekend. after that he was stationed in Florida and only
went home 2-3x a year. now she is insisting that he comes home to visit her w.o me and that she hates me for being controlling and not allowing him to visit w.o her. when she was little, he asked her if he could date (i know, mistake #1) and she
said NO. she think she should have him to herself and i should not be in the picture. she is 18 now and a senior in HS. her mother is remarried and she has learned to love her step dad but still wants her dad. is it wrong of me to say, go honey. go to DC and see her w.o me. she hates me and wants you to herself so i am ok w it? even when i am not. he told her that if he comes to DC, i am coming with him and she said i think you need to take a break from HER and spend time w us. We dont need her here.

how should i really feel about this? frustrated that he should be living 2 seperate lives.

btw. she didnt care to ask her dad if she could date, have sex, and get pregnant at 15. (she miscarried). so how can she expect him to be alone?

CalgonTakeMeAway's picture

When I read the title of this post, I thought SD was going to be a little girl, not an 18 year old adult! YAY to DH for standing up for you! I agree with boot...it's your decision. You don't take a "break" from your spouse. I think DH should follow through and you both go, so SD can see that he will not cave to her childish demands. She needs to see him being loyal to you and what a good relationship looks like. What a brat!

you_and_me's picture

I have this same problem, and I still don't really know what I should do. My fiance's daughter does the same thing, saying she doesn't want me there, just her daddy and her sister (although her sister is fine with me) and acts like a baby while she does it. She won't come over to our house, she only wants to see her daddy whenever I am not around. So, my solution was "no, she can't see you unless she can accept me too. This is how it is and she can like it or not, but you shouldn't cater to her selfish behavior by giving in." At first he agreed, but now he thinks he's neglecting her and after 6 months, it's turned into ME giving him this ultimatum. I try to remind him that she was the one with a problem, and yes, she's a child, but his other daughter doesn't have a problem with me. But now I have definitely developed a problem with her because she just wants me out of the picture and is doing everything she can to make us miserable. I wish my FDH would stand by me and be on my side instead of hers, considering I didn't even want there to be "sides" to begin with.

emotionaly beat up's picture

yoou and me anc=d Candies987, I too have a stepdaughter who only wants daddy in the picture and not me, his wife of 10 years. She however is living in a defacto relationship, and has a newborn of her own. She does not want to be a part of my life and I have up until a few weeks ago tried, I have tried fo 8 years with her, but when the baby was born and she showed me that I was not welcome in the baby's life, and she clearly did not want to be a part of mine, nor me a part of hers...I gave up and have banned her and her smart mouth from my home where she has for the last years just simply ignored me. My little charmer is 30 and daddy can't see past her. Without DH support no once can resolve these situations. Daddy needs to set the boundries and support his wife or it all turns to S#@# Sorry for the language, but that is the only was I can say it after all these years.