You are here

Sharing everything. I want to give up

georgia4's picture

We have lived together for 8 months. I have SS SD and BS BD full time in our home,plus a baby on the way. Everything feels like it is going downhill and I want to give up. My Bf is a wonderful man but I wonder if my love for him is enough to continue attempting to make this family work. Skids are very difficult and I resent them. I miss the peace and quiet of my old life. I miss being able to give my bio kids all of me as a mother. Skids are so demanding. My BD is not happy, does not like skids and says she wants to move out and I feel so guilty that she is not happy. Alot of the time I am not happy because of skids. That makes me feel guilty as well.

My Bf thinks that I treat his kids unfairly and thinks that I should make my kids share all of their things with his kids. It sounds so petty, but this sharing thing is causing so many problems. My bkids are sharing all of my attention and affection with these skids.These Skids will come to me for everything even when their dad is home. My bio kids do not look for affection and attention from my bf. My skids act as if I am their bm and my kids are forced to share me. Maybe it is out of guilt, but I feel that my bio kids should be able to play with their toys by themselves if they don't want the skids to play with them. I understand that kids should share, I'm not stupid, but if my Bd doesn't want her SS to wear her things, or use her roller skates as soon as she takes them off , is it wrong that I don't make her share these things.
Am I wrong.I feel guilty making my kids give them their things.