You are here

Stepfamily research - Can you help?

tilly's picture

Hi Everyone!

I have been a stepmum to my 11yo sson for 7 years now, but I am also a PhD student doing research into stepfamilies. Therefore, I am both personally and professionally interested in all your experiences, challenges and triumphs!

I am currently doing a study looking at the differences between stepparenting and biological parenting and how our parenting is effected by the way we were bought up by our own parents. I am desperately looking for stepparents with at least one stepchild under the age of 30yrs to participate in my research. All you need to do is complete an online questionnaire that can be found at: www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/family

The study is completely anonymous and confidential and has been approved by the Deakin University Human Research Ethics Committee.

Your time and help with this study would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! For more information please go to the web address above.

Thanks for your help,

Tilsa
Deakin University

tilly's picture

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank all those who participated in my research by completing my questionnaire about being a stepparent. I really appreciate your time and effort.

I am still looking for stepparents to participate, so if you have a spare 5 minutes and wouldn't mind completing my survey about being a stepparent and about your own parents/stepparents when you were growing up i'd love to hear from you. The link is still: www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/family

The study is completely anonymous and has full ethics approval.

Thanks for your time.

Tilsa.

tilly's picture

Hi all,

Thank you all once again for taking the time and effort to complete my online questionnaire. Your help is so much appreciated.

I am almost ready to wrap up this study, however I desperately need 10 more participants to complete my paretning survey. These participants need to be:
1) a stepparent of a least one stepchild AND
2) need to have been raised by a stepparent (part-time or full-time) for a period of time at some stage during childhood (birth to 18yrs).
(Thus, I am looking for stepparents who were themselves raised by stepparents).

Does anyone fit this criteria? Or does anyone know of somebody who might be able to help?

The link to the questionnaire is: www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/family

Please feel free to PM me if you require any further information.

Thanks again,

Tilsa.

tilly's picture

Hi all,

Just a final quick request for anyone who wouldn't mind participating in my research by completing an online questionnaire. If so, please go to:

www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/research/family

Your help would be much appreciated (as I am desperate to get a few more participants!)!!

Again, thank you to those who have already participated! Also thank you to everyone for sharing their own stories about stepparenthood on the forum - you have all made my role as stepmother a lot easier. It is always good to know that you're not alone in the world!!

Thanks again,
Tilsa.