You are here

Thankful for a streak of good fortune!

Sweetjennygirl's picture

I might just live through the summer after all!

Usually Sundays are one of my hardest days...I've either been ticking the days off waiting to get rid of the skids, anticipating BMs texts or calls about why she can't them back as she's supposed to, or, they're actually on their way back here for another week, or 10 or 12 days, after a very quick respite.

With the volatile atmosphere around here lately...thru the help of therapy, friends IRL, and this site, I've finally gotten the stones to be talking with DH more and more about all this kid drama. It's been HARD laying my soul out on the line with him and I've felt guilty about it too, but dang it, this isn't just all MY problem to deal with!

It's paid off. BIG TIME.

DH has enlisted the help of his parents, who live 7 hours away from us. They have agreed to keep SS11 for the next THREE WEEKS!!! Repeat....3 weeks!!!! Holy crap, OMG, this is MY equivalent to a $500 million dollar power ball jackpot people!!! My DH is en-route this minute to deliver the boy!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!

It gets better...

BM has agreed to take SD16...for TWO weeks!!! Now, she only lives 2 mins away from our driveway. And with her flakey lack of being able to be responsible for almost anything, I'm definitely taking this with a grain of salt...BUT BUT BUT for the moment, just even the fantasy thought that any of this might come true has me on cloud 9!!! Frankly, even if SD16 stayed here, I really think just getting SS11 out of the house will have a huge positive impact on EVERYONE!!!!

And, as always, the remaining two kids at home are mine, and they are, well, pretty damn good kids that we hardly ever even know are here...and when we do its because they are pleasant, respectful, and actually fun to be around.

It makes me sad that DH is having to realize his shortcomings as a parent, and also, the frustration and disappointment he feels knowing what a huge negative impact his kids have had on this new blended family. So, this break will be a good time for us all to take a chill...pull our crap together, come back as a group, and start over...hopefully with a lot of newer, fresher, positive perspective. A girl can at least dream big...right?

Anon2009's picture

" disappointment he feels knowing what a huge negative impact his kids have had on this new blended family."

The reason they have such a negative impact on everyone is 100% because of his shortcomings as a parent. Hopefully he will use that time to figure out what HE can do to help the situation and everyone, especially sks, so they can hopefully become decent adults.