You are here

Thankless Job pays in Wine only...

amhwood2011's picture

SS8 now 9 had his birthday party today. We had a bounce house here at the house for the whole weekend, got a cake, had a few kids over, etc...well I got him a birthday present. OF course all SO could think of was either a RC helicopter or that new piece of Transformers crap. So for the sake of lack of time I had to search for a gift, I got the $70 plastic crap. You know, the Optimus Prime that has the trailer and blah blah blah. So SS9 gets the presents, SO gently reminds him what to do after presents, so he hugs his brother SS6...I proceed to start cleaning the table, SO reminds him one more time who ELSE he needs to say something to so he gives my BD3 and BS5 big hugs and thank you's...when I say something in a text to my BFF a bit later I accidentally did a boo boo to my SO as well, and was told "kids will be kids"...WOW...when BS5 accidentally ran into his sister in bouncy house while they were getting in and out I guess they weren't kids being kids bc he was in time out for almost an hour.

I will remember this for Christmas. Thank God BD3 just wants to play at her gmas for her birthday. There isn't enough wine for this day...