You are here

Thinking twice...just sad and needed to vent........

momoutofhermind2's picture

Do any of you look at your current situation and think if you could start over again, would you?

Last night I had a mini breakdown. My husband and I have been together for almost 8 yrs and married for 1.5. Our first 4 yrs were just a rollercoaster. He has a BS10. 3/4 of the 7 yrs was nothing but drama w/BM. 1/4 was just other things combined. So now I was thinking last night about how much I have given in this relationship. More than my DH. He realized that after about the 5th yr, but it was almost when it was too late. We broke up and got back together, got married a couple yrs later and we were great. After we got married it was actually the best it's ever been. But it took a lot of sweat and tears to get to being great.

It's like when the 1st year of a relationship is supposed to be the best year and it ends up being the worst, you would run for the hills right? well, I didn't. We had our daughter after the 1st year and I have put up with more stuff than what people can handle. I did it b/c I believed in us and I loved him.

NOW, SS10 came to live w/us a year ago and it's like back to being annoyed and aggravated.
Now it's like back to square one. I don't wanna be at square one. We got to a happy point, I like the happy point, but SS10 being there is putting a strain on us. I know he's not going anywhere so last night and I just broke down. I felt sad/mad at the same time.

I got to the point that I thought, well maybe I shouldn't even be with my DH. Maybe back then all the aggravation was a sign to run and I didn't. So now since I am on the wrong road and this is the path I chose, I have to deal with it or get the divorce.

Do you ever look back and think twice? When is it gonna get better. I love my DH with all my heart, but I can't take it sometimes. He has changed over the years, but it's like when is can we actually be happy w/out all the headache coming up. I know relationships/marriages have issues, but we have had more than our share and I think why can't we just have more than a short period of being happy. When it rains it pours and I'm standing in the rain w/out an umbrella.

Since SS10 has been there I think about running. I can't handle fixing BM's mess. I think I could get my own apartment, start over and go from there. Sounds selfish, but everyone deserves to be happy and when is enough enough?

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there that is thinking twice about things.

momoutofhermind2's picture

And what did you come up with? confusion just like me? hehe. I sometimes don't even wanna go home and deal with the drama. I think I don't have time for this.