You are here

Truly amazed by SD not at all surprised by SS

weekendwidow's picture

So, at about 10:00 a.m. on Mother's Day I got a text message from my SD21 that Read "Happy Mother's Day! xoxo". Totally unexpected, especially since my birthday was completely forgotten/ignored last month. I'm giving the girl (21) credit and replied with gratitude. I'm not getting my hopes up, BUT she is showing effort to not be a complete spoiled, entitled, snotty bitch once in a while. Ahhh progress.

Meanwhile - still nothing (as totally expected) from the good for nothing, disrespectful SS17 and I am, surprisingly, completely fine with that!

I really had a terrific day yesterday. I hope everyone else did, too.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Nice to hear that about your SD! Maybe (just maybe) she's starting to grow up and pull her head out of her ass?

Glad you enjoyed your day! Smile

Graymm's picture

Awh! That's wonderful! I say progress for sure! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day, you deserve it Smile

weekendwidow's picture

I hope it's progress.

Last year, I completely disengaged from her and told her point blank, that if she wants to have a relationship with me it's up to her to prove it. After she sent me a long and sappy email full of the same old contrite bullshit I have seen all too often before, I replied to her, "I don't need you as my friend, I don't need to be your friend. I've seen how this has unfolded many times in the past and I'm wise to the games that you play. If you want me in your life, you know where to find me. If you don't, that's fine too." She's been slowly chasing me down ever since - this was almost a year ago. It's funny that by playing "hard to get", they seem to come around...and I really don't care.