You are here

Update to the paternity issue

im_trying_my_best's picture

Okay so if you have ever read my posts you know the deal, if not ill sum it up right quick. My now husband had sex, obviously lol, his first time ever with a girl he met at a party and they were both drunk and 16years old. They "dated" after i guess and the night he went to break it off she tells him that she is pregnant. he asks ONE TIME if its his, then just takes her word for it. never ?'ing maybe this girl that he had just met hadnt ONLY spread her legs just for him. SOOOOO fastforward 7 years later, he marries me. the kid comes for his first visit, im in the kitchen doing dishes and i notice i hvnt heard my 3yo daughter for a few minutes so i start to wonder. go in her room and the little perv has her in the closet with him with his pants down, his weiner out and trying to get her dress off. Needless to say i lost it. she told me that he told her "not to tell your mommy or you will be in trouble cuz this is a BAD game" so he totally knew what he was doing.
After that I havent liked him, at all. almost to a hate point. i try to make excuses for why we cant get him, ect. and have been SUPER pushy about if its even his kid. I had asked him when we were dating, BUT the kid never came and visited, EVER, so i didnt think itd matter. the kid doesnt look ANYTHING like my hubby, i mean NOT A THING like him and obviously the bm was out slutin' it up. I had never thought it was his kid. BUT after we got married he decided he wanted to all of a sudden start getting this kid and tyring to force us all to be a "family"
Anyways, i have since the incident and finding out were expecting our own baby together, really been pushing the issue of getting a dna test done. hubby has been adament about not wanting to get it. come to find out, he finally admits that he is just too scared of the outcome and he DOES think she lied to him b/c he has thought it wasnt his kid since it first started changing from newborn and getting its features and such. SO, this still leaves us stuck, as illinois has yet to adopt the same law that texas just did about the paternity affidavit being invalid if there is a dna test to prove otherwise. SO, needless to say we are stuck paying 1/4 of our income to this kid that hubby dsnt even think is his REGARDLESS of if dna shows its in fact, not his kid.
*side note: hubby says since he was there from day one he is for all intents and purposes his father, and would still want him in his life. BUT we both agree that the kid should know beyond a shadow of a doubt who his real bio dad is, and vice versa for the bio dad. I think every kid should have that

Ex4life's picture

At this point it may be to late to legally deny paternity anyway. Most states have a limit as to when paternity can be questioned, unless someone pops up and says the kid really belongs to them.

On another note, I agree with the others, the police should have been called pronto. I'd have done it even without hubby's ok. Keep him away from your children!! He now thinks he got away with it and may try again.

rockermom's picture

Just wanted to comment on this:

"*side note: hubby says since he was there from day one he is for all intents and purposes his father, and would still want him in his life."

Uh, he has NOT been there since day 1. You said that when you were dating, that he never had visits with the kid. So he hasn't been acting like a father the entire time that this kid has been alive.

IDK why your DH is OK with not playing daddy to the kid when it's convenient to him, but when you come along you're expected to pull off the "big, happy family" illusion for him.

Also, this kid is DANGEROUS. He tried to molest your BD for chrissakes! Keep him away from your kids! Your DH can have visits with the kid somewhere else until he receives intensive therapy. And he should never, never be left alone with your kids regardless.

NancyL's picture

If I were you and your DH I would get the DNA done. I would want to know and it would be much easier to step back from the situation if he does not belong to him. You may have to pay CS, but you can keep him out of that house.

You will never trust him again and that's a big problem when you have 2 other kds.

12yrstepmonster's picture

I understand all what is being said.....but isn't their a phone call to child protection? This kid obviously has been molested, or knows way to much for his age. Keep him away from her, but get him some help! Something is or has happened to him!