You are here

the way out..

newadri's picture

Hello fellow step parents!

I haven't been on this forum in a while.
Last time I was here I got some amazing support! I decided to take all your advice and moved out with my son. I decided to gp back to school and stay away from DH and SD for a while.
It wasn't easy, but I did it. DH at first was completely against it, than came around and supported my decision. Now I've come to realize his support was all fake. Now he's just ignoring me. Barely talks to me and we never see each other unless I do the drive to go see him.
According to him, something unexpected always comes up on the 2 days a month he has free to spend time with me.
That's right.. I get 2 days a month. SD gets vacations and 10 days a month with dad. He takes her to the movies, they go out to eat, all that fun stuff. But when it comes time to do something with me, he can't afford it.
As for nh son, that's a lost cause. He has never done anything for the boy and I'm coming to the realization that he never will.
What the heck am I still doing with this fool?

Seriously, there has to be something wrong with me for not having broken up this relationship for good yet.

But I believe its getting there. At least we moved out. I'm officially enrolled in college and I'm looking for a part time job.

Now I just have to finish things with DH. Sounds easy.. but it really isn't.

I love him, but I'm starting to realize I'm not in love with him anymore. Does that make sense?

Would love some good advice.

Thank you all for your time!

hereiam's picture

Your feelings are natural. You were in love with him once and you still the love the person you thought he was when you fell in love.

I am glad you are moving on with your life and not putting it on hold for someone who doesn't deserve you.

newadri's picture

Thank u so much for the response.
It makes a lot of sense what u said, I do still love the person I thought he was. A small part of me hopes he could be like that again. But I know that won't happen. Just gotta find the strength to move forward without him.