You are here

Thank you everyone!

Smashytalk's picture
Forums: 

Long time lurker, finally decided to take the plunge and join. Allow me to introduce myself! I've been married to DH for just over 10 years now. BM sucks, a narcissist who doesn't do much. SS16 is starting to act just like her. I was a hands on stepmom until about 6 months ago when I decided to nacho cause DH and BM weren't caring or putting in the time I was and getting crapped on for it. My DH is a Disney dad, pretty good person otherwise. SS doesn't do squat anymore and is failing all his classes since I gave up, but I digress.

Anyway, back to why I made this post. I work from home and SS texted me asking for a covid test. You guys, my former enabling knee jerk reaction tried to come out where I was going to drop everything to take care of helping him get tested... but I thought of this site and remembered "this isn't my problem. Bio parents can handle this. Nobody wants your help when push comes to shove including SS unless it makes life easier on them." So instead I referred SS to his loser mom, who's coming to pick him up and handle. Hope he's negative but it's a big fat case of not my damned problem and i feel so much better. Thank you all for existing!

JRI's picture

I wish I'd had this site earlier.  Its invaluable.  Good job!

Thumper's picture

See now bm cant say you over stepped your authority...which is none anyway. Wink

Hope ss tests negative.

Sparkl3s's picture

Good for you! It seems unnatural to no do things but pulling back is for the best. BM was threatened by me in the beginning so I pulled back. Do what is best for you. 

Smashytalk's picture

Good news!   SS is negative for covid. He's now running around with BM helping her with divorce #3 instead of going to work or resting or even cleaning his nasty ass room here that I can smell 20 feet away and neither him or DH will clean. SMH.

Stepdrama2020's picture

You could have put your nacho on hold for a simple covid test. SS can you smell your room?  "yes" ok you are negative. Mind you he would have prob said no.

Very good  he is negative.