You are here

The things she does drives me nuts!

LaLa2419's picture

I have met my partner a little over a year ago. When he first toldme he had kids I was nervous! I have raised many but unable to have my own... When he went on to tell me about there mother, and how she left three years ago I started to wonder what mess I was getting into... He has been with the same job for the past 15 years working 16-18 hour days 5 days a week... She was unhappy and was seeking another man behind his back.. Well he stayed home sick one day and as he was leaving for the doctors she was moving out... He had no ideal. Three hours later she sent him a picture message of her wedding ring and said she was gone... She didn't even say goodbye to the boys...

He played hell but got full custody. She is to have them EVERY weekend, EVERY other holiday, HER birthday and 2 weeks a month in the Summer... She fought not to have to pay child support because she's on disability (meanwhile her husband works) and she gets help from the state. We provide all the kids clothing and school supplies. And anything else they may need.

I guess what irritates me the most is we have to pack clothes for them to go to her house... Why should we have to... There her children to... She doesn't always shower or even have themchange so once they get home those cclothes are ruined.. And she complains about what we pack them...

She picks and chooses when she wants to see the kids its usually ever other weekend... And the kids HATE going. She constantly throws in there face the court papers say you have to... I constantly want to say the court papers say she's suppose to get them every weekend and she doesn't...

Were expected to discipline the boys when they do something wrong there but when we ask for her to help us out its basically a laugh in the face.. The boys are either forced outside all day or shut up in there bedroom in front of the Wii system..

She never spends anytime with them. Her husband does it all. She sent the kids home 2 weeks ago telling them 2 people shouldn't live together before your married. (My partner and I are engaged.) And when we fight there to pick up the phone and call 911!!! (he likes to have fun we run around the house and carry on even WITH the kids!)

We have to feed the kids Fridays before she gets them because "its a long car ride" but on Sundays we have to pick the kids up at her place and the kids are ALWAYS starving! So now instead of getting home and them getting to spend a little time with there dad we have to either make dinner or go out.

I am with them 24 days a month. I am the one who gets them ready for school, who gets them off the bus, takes th em to the doctors, cooks them dinner, puts them to bed and the one weekend I want to keep them for my birthday so my partner can see them for more then 8 hours beings he's on vacation we can't!

Sorry about the long post/venting!

LaLa2419's picture

Wink we have done this.. It is so upsetting honestly because we asked her to buy them a pair of shoes and she told us to take them to goodwill. I just spent 70 dollars on new shoes three weeks ago that are now ruined because she doesnt believe in socks ( the kids were suppose to not take to her house, but she picked them up after school)

step off already's picture

I can relate to your post so well.

SS13's mom was absent from his life for 7 years. She only started coming around two years ago after realizing that I was now a permanent fixture. DH filed for custody though he did want his ex to have some visitation so he asked that she have EOWe. She wanted EO Sat at 11 until 4 on Sunday.

She pays no child support because the poor thing only works 5 hours a week. Funny that she always has money to buy pot, or take the kid out to dinner to the movies, or buy him stuff that doesn't fit him, but she can't help with school uniforms, school supplies, school trips or anything he actually needs.

I'm stuck raising HER kid for 26 days of the month while she gets to play Barbie Mom with a Son 4 days a month. She doesn't have him do homework when he's at her house, so we are usually scrambling on Sunday evenings. She's all fun and games and according to her and SS, DH doesn't spend any alone time with SS and doesn't give him the attention he needs.

Blah! Drives me crazy!

We are doing all the work and all of the hard part. She shows up and plays mommy and then disappears back into her party life.

LaLa2419's picture

I completely understand she has called three times today to inform me that she will not be taking the kids the first week of summer vacation because she wants all the kids at the same time (her husband has 3) its like she's afraid to spend time with her boys! Ugh!