You are here

Bedwetting

Soon2bSM2SD's picture

Hi all!

my BF's daughter still wets the bed and has accidents during the day sometimes. She will be playing and no matter how much she is holding herself and we tell her to go pee she refuses until she can't hold it anymore and RUNS for the bathroom. She is 8 years old. I have had to take new clothes up to her school 2-3 times a month because she has accidents there.

Do you all have any ideas of how to get her to stop this and pee when she has to go? She knows she has to, I assume anyway, since she will hold herself and do the "pee pee" dance.

Thanks Smile

buttercookie's picture

Bedwetting I have no suggestions kids just seem to grow out of it at different ages when their bladders fully develop.
Peeing herself at school? I'd get a bag of clothes together to leave at the school so you don't have to leave work or interrupt your day to take clothes. I'd have her checked by a doctor just to make sure nothing is wrong and then I'd let natural consequences take place. I. E. Let the other kids make fun of her because they will and that may be the only way to make her stop if she's doing it out of laziness.

Greenfig's picture

The skid was bedwetting until 1st grade. It was really nerve-wracking. She would wake up in the middle of the night, screaming because she was so frightened by it.

She outgrew it. I wonder sometimes if stabilizing her schedule between the 2 parents helped her stress wise. But then again, they say it's not stress related. :?

Soon2bSM2SD's picture

we did finally remember to send her to school with a bag of clothes she can keep in her "locker", and luckily she hasn't had to use them since. I have chatted with the school nurse each time I have gone up there and she isn't sure either. She thinks it could be a psychological thing that she wants to see me or her dad so she does it, or she is just having too much fun (usually happens during gym or on the playground) and doesn't want to stop playing and ignores it.

I told BF to make sure to mention it at the next doctor's appointment....now to get him to make one...