You are here

phone calls????

krich1990's picture

Birth mom wants phone calls with a one year old, whom cannot even talk and will not even stand by the phone for his grandparents to talk to him let alone a mother whom he has seem maybe 10 times in a year. There is nothing in the custody order stating she gets phone calls, and we feel its just another attempt to harrass us because she has NEVER called to check on him until we recieved our custody papers stating she gets no visitation for a year.
We sent her a letter today stating that my husband will no longer be communicating with her through calls or texts, only by email. and that he has set up a blog for her to view monthly update pictures of the son.
Is this wrong of us? it seems like its the only way to coparent efficiently without arguments.
Also in our papers it states that she has to pay half of medical fees, which we already sent to her and she owes 300 so far. She also has to give us a current residential address, like now, but she refuses. we can no longer use her grandparents address because the state had threatened to take away the grandmothers home health care. should we file contempt charges?

over_the_rainbow's picture

If it were me, I would not allow the phone calls unless a judge said I had to. Re-visit the phone call issue when the kid is old enough to talk on the phone. I like the blog idea, as long as she can't comment on it - that could cause some issues when the kid gets older and can read.

krich1990's picture

She cannot comment on the blog. I have it set to strictly us uploading pictures, and we've actually decided to only upload pictures of my husband with the son so that we do not further facilitate her wild stories she tells people. We have told her we will no longer do phone calls since the papers have no order in there for them. This crap just drives me crazy. At our closing meeting with CPS she outright said she does not contact us because she knows bently is fine, but yet she gets these papers and wants to make our lives living hell. Ugh.