You are here

Mans Opinions Sorry if I should not post this here

notfun13's picture

My SO of little over 3 years,we have lived together in my home for 2 years has never said I love you, one night a year ago he said he care about me in a heated conversation because his daughter was trying to get in between us. I know he cares, but he tells his daughter 10 times a more or aday I love you, and will post I love to his Mom on face book. But I never get to hear those word and its starting to get to me. Since our blended family is having issues now that his daughter is living with us. I want someone who can tell me they love me.

Does he and just can't say it? But why can he tells his daughter and mom

Jsmom's picture

Completely agree with Another Step. This is hard enough, you have to be in love to at least have a hope of this working. Blended life is hard enough. You need to confront him. You may not like what he has to say, but at least you will know the truth.

Ninji's picture

I lived with my SO for 1.5yrs and dated about a year before that. He never said he loved me. I moved out and we continued to try and work on our relationship. He told me he loved me six months later and says it all the time to me now.

He felt like he couldn't tell me he loved me because he wasn't treating me right (and he wasn't).

Have you talked to SO about this? What does he say?

Rags's picture

Next time you see him tell SO that he and his spawn are moving out this weekend and that you will no longer support or make room for a man who does not love you in your life.

Watch how quickly the flowers and I Love You-se (Youse, that cracks me up. It reminds me of my 6 years in PA and South Jersey)start flying. But, I would suggest that since you are at this point have them move our and move on.

Mr. Right will love you, he will shout it from the proverbial if not literal roof tops, and you will know it unequivocally.

Set your value and demand to be treated as you are worth by any man you choose to make your life with. Tolerate nothing less than committed, demonstrated, and repeatedly vocalized love.

Real men do not have issues with expressing their love for their wife/life partner.

In my humble but manly opinion of course.

Take care of yourself.

myusername's picture

Just a thought... is it possible there's something in his past that makes it hard to say "I love you"?

In my case, my first 2 serious girlfriends ( 1 year and 3 years together), both attempted suicide when we broke up. As a young man in my late teens/early 20s, this had an enormous impact on me, and I resisted saying "I love you" until I was 100% sure I really meant it in a permanent way.

The thing with any man - it's best to judge them on their actions, rather than their words. We don't tend to have the instinctive connection between emotions and language that many women seem to have, and often put our foot in it or say the wrong thing. ( or fail to say the right thing!).