You are here

Need a BIO Dads advice

Mrsbmckee's picture

Hello, my husband and i have been married for 2 years and have a 1 year old. The short of the story is he has 2 kids 9 and 6 that I can't stand! They are brats and he treats them differently than my son. He only sees them once per week. I also wanted to have another child and so did he before we got married but now he says he has 3 kids and doesn't want anymore.

I am feeling like he is giving everything the ex wanted/s but not to me. He says that if I can't enjoy the time his kids are over and be their friend we are never going to move forward with our lives. I don't know what to do. I am not going to live miserably and I don't like his kids. I am nice to them and that is all I want to be. I don't want to attend sporting events and do whatever they ask me to when they are here. If I don't want to play games I am not going to play games.

How can I get him to understand my feelings and let me just be who I am and stop pushing his kids on me. I am never going to like them and no I don't treat them the same as my son because they are not my kids. I love my son. I do not love them. He doesn't understand and wont try. What do I do?

herewegoagain's picture

Is your 1yr old son his? Or yours? I think that if it is yours, you need to rethink this relationship greatly. You can't expect him to treat your son nice and for you not to do the same in return. Now, if they are ALL HIS kids, then you need to figure out a way to make this work and ensure that he treats ALL his kids the same. Not just the other two.

Mrsbmckee's picture

They are all his kids. He doesn't seem to think that seeing them away from me is an option. He wants the "happy family"

CSA's picture

Sounds like its a night out for you when they come around. Go to the moviews have some fun. in a couple of years as someone said earlier they will not come anymore.

You should really look at this and think of what kid of dad he will be your you child.

hippiegirl's picture

Why do you HAVE to be there? I always found things to do outside of the house when ss was over. He just flat out made me uncomfortable. Drinking with the girls down the street always passed the time pretty well. Smile