You are here

SS 15 can't lift toilet seat

Still_Frustrated's picture

I threw in the towel on asking SS to do chores a long time ago...but is it too much to ask him to lift toilet seat. There are two males and two females in our house Me, CLW, our duaghter and her son). I have beenliterally asking hin for years to lift the seat. When he doesn't and when I do lift it to use the toilet, his piss runs down or is already there on the bowl and I have to wipe it up. I know a lot of you will say just leave it or get him to wipe it but it just starts huge fights if I ask him to get off his ass to wipe it and his mother will say I'm "nagging again" WOW..it's not enough he gets away without lifting a finger but he can't even lift toilet seat. So do I nag, leave it and live in a pig sty, ask his mother once again for her support (which will start a fight). I nicely said to him tonight "can you try to remember to lift the toilet seat", for litteraly the hundredth time...he didn't answer, grunt or anything...his mother was sitting right beside him and didn't say a word. I would run but we have a daughter together whom I l love. Any answers out there ?

Starla's picture

Does the wife (mother) see the urine? How does she handle it? Or maybe not handle it. Who cleans the toilets or expected to? You could stand to pee or squat but don't touch the toilet seat & leave the urine that's on there just be. If asked, say "its not from me". That way you are being honest yet your wife will not feel confronted. Likely speaking she probably sits down to pee & in time will get sick of having to wipe it dry first. If she feels annoyed by your comments, that may be why she is not seeing the problem. Us women can be goofy that way..good luck!

2nd Time Around's picture

The age old problem of the seat up or down...

Put the SEAT UP and leave it up.. Explaing to the girls they will have to put it down...

It will just make it easier on everyone... and the girls won't have to deal with URINE...

When he goes number 2 and falls in... he will get the message...

Orange County Ca's picture

2nd time's suggestion might just work.

But its not a age old problem. The kid is deliberately ignoring you and you, being the step and lacking wifes support, are helpless and wasting your time. Stop telling him to lift the seat you've lost all credibility now. Your wifes attitude is horrible.

Is there two bathrooms in the house? Lock one of them with a keyed lock and issue a key to your daughter and yourself. And you're wife if you must.

Take the seat off and store it in a locked container in the bathroom. Issue a key to your daughter and yourself. Wife if you must.

Secretely punch the kid in the gut when no one is around. Or the head if you have a boxing glove. I'm serious - enough of this. My Dad cold cocked me once. That was it for my sass.

2nd Time Around's picture

Right up to hitting him I was ALL IN...

Separate Bath, lock and key for you and Girl...
If mom doesn't seem to care she doesn't get a key...

Or...

Find what the boy loves... videos, cell phone, soon "Car"

If you can't seem to lift the seat...

Take the power cord to the video game..
Temp lock phone..

janeyc's picture

Oh dear, I can totally understand why this is so annoying, its your wife's faul he is so disrespectful, he should be doing chores, they teach discipline and how to take care of yourself, it is easy for me to say what I would do because Im not in your situation I know, my sd6 is called back to the bathroom if she makes a mess and I help her clean it, if she isn't prompted to do this she never will, the house you live in is yours too, you should'nt be treated this way, the only way that things can improve is to lay the law down, you have nothing to lose as you are so unhappy anyway, you are just asking for some respect, a basic human right by the way, its time to beat your chest and take some power back, your wife is doing this boy no favours by coddling him this way. Good luck Smile

steptwins's picture

Hint from Two and Half Men, have kid scrub entire toilet with toothbrush as lesson for leaving pee. My swins don't lift seat, nor flush. EVER. 16 yrs. old and I fantasize dunking their heads in the yellow stench and holding them under until they drink a little. Sorry going on 5 years of this & I'm sick of it. They act like 2 years old, yet have adult privledges. DH flushes for them, I want to ask him what satisfaction he gets from it. They can't do one thing for their selves bc of DH enabling them. Oink oink.

luchay's picture

I am pretty much speechless. All I have is OMFG! He FLUSHES FOR 16 YEAR OLDS??????????

Seriously, that is just so wrong.

My ss8 (9 in a few weeks) has had serious issues with getting the hang of
1. closing the toilet door - hello my dd's 6 & 9 do NOT need to see him (neither does anyone else but I can imagine their BD's reaction to that little piece of information!
2. using the seat/lid
3. flushing when he is done.

After me completely losing my temper with him one day (after telling him many many times to close the door and flush when done) he got the door message.

It has taken longer to get the flushing message and I give up on the dammed seat/lid.

In an ideal world he would close it when done, this is MY expectation of considerate toilet behaviour. When he has got flushing down pat I will deal with the next issue LOL

I cannot imagine SO flushing for them at 16.

As for the OP - this has now become a matter of him deliberately disrespecting you and you need to discuss it with your wife. Explain to her how her not supporting you undermines you and she needs to step up and make sure her son cleans up his mess and does not disrespect you anymore. Put it to her in terms of what kind of adult does she want him to become etc. Capable, self-sufficient, considerate of others etc etc etc.