You are here

the fun i get to have this weekend

Calypso1977's picture

SD13 is supposed to sleep over saturday night. as you may recall from some of my other posts, this never happens for BS reasons.

to make things "easier" and "more comfortable" for her fiance invited her cousin to sleep over with her. so there is a good chance that this is going to happen. this will be only the 2nd time in 2 years SD has ever slept over at our house. teh cousin is a wonderful kid - well mannered, polite, sweet, always has a smile on her face. SD13 usually gets her in trouble when she should be setting the example!

i asked my fiance to give her some ground rules. pretty basic: stay out of our bedroom, be respectful, keep the room picked up, and no phones at bedtime (we set the example in that our phones stay in the kitchen at bedtime). He claims he went over this with her, but i know him too well.

fiance just had surgery so he is very limited in what he can do. i agreed to help feed the kids this weekend but i am dreading picking up after them. i plan to tell them to do their part, im curious to see if fiance will back me up. the worst part is it may rain most of tomorrow....i really dont want them in the house all day.

Accordn2L's picture

At 13 you should not have to pick up after them at all! Order the kids a pizza and rent them some movies and hopefully you won't get bothered too much.

Helena.Handbasket's picture

Yeah at 13 is just leave things where they fall. Order pizza order sandwiches. Be done. It's not your job to entertain. Sounds like you weren't even asked.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

You are a brave woman to leave anything like your phone anywhere but locked in your room with SD around! I surely would not leave my phone, purse, car keys anywhere but right next to me in my room while I sleep! I don't trust the princess as far as I can throw a sumo wrestler!

Accordn2L's picture

I can't leave my phone, Ipad, laptop anywhere except in our bedroom because SD8 thinks that she can just use my things without asking. She has her own Samsung tablet but apparently my electronics are better than her tablet. So now I keep them out of her reach and I put passcodes on everything so if she does by chance get to them she can't log on.

Orange County Ca's picture

Yep slumber party time. Make an inspection tour half hour before they're to leave and start dictating what needs to be done.

AllySkoo's picture

I was thinking the same ass CantKeepDoingThis! I wouldn't worry about "modeling" behavior either - adults get special privileges that kids don't, one of those is being able to keep our phones. Smile

I agree with others, you shouldn't have to pick up after them. A simple, "Girls, please clean up your mess!" and then walk away. If the cousin is a good kid, she'll start cleaning up and SD will help to avoid looking like a jerk. (I'd strongly suggest walking away though. One, it'll keep your blood pressure down. Two though, you want that to play out between the girls without you there, it's more likely to work.)

frustratedstepdad's picture

Even if your fiance says he has had a talk about what the rules are, YOU need to tell them the rules (again). Remember it's your house too. Like you, I doubt your fiance actually said anything so you need to be the one to say it. If your fiance gets mad over it, that will validate that he really didn't tell her any rules.

Calypso1977's picture

SD knows better than to mess with my stuff. Her father's stuff she takes all the time without permission. that's his problem and it doesnt seem to bother him. remember, this is the child he and BM raised with child-centered parenting and giving her what she wants to make her happy is first and foremost.

we always keep our phones in the kitchen even when SD isnt there. that's just where they go. no need to fall asleep with a phone.

i believe SD has a netflix account so im hoping that they will spend the evening in the guest room watching movies. he's supposedly already told SD that they are not going to hog up our TV all night (we only have one).

i agree they shouldnt need to be picked up after, but this is SD we're talking about. she has no chores at either home, no responsibility at either home, and does what she wants. i know if i ask the cousin tho she will help and only need to be asked once, if that. she is so sweet. i would KILL to have her as my SD. the sad part is her stepmother is awful to her. Sad