You are here

Guess she threw a fit

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

SheSloth got her stupid solo back! So now she is all giddy. Football bye week this week, so guess who is home? A least she will be gone at contest tomorrow, and I have to be at a fair trying to draw new clients. Oh, and you would think it is such a chore to be in guard! She is going on and on and on about how she has competition every weekend for the next month! If it is too hard, quit!

So now she is acting all uppity because she got her solo back! It's all about being the center is for attention!

Tcandme's picture

Hmmmmmm, so use it to your advantage (I know it's hard) if she is capable of reaching this goal she certainly can clean her room, do chores etc. * wink work it to your afvantage, be proud! Smile

I'm still wondering how she managed it. It seriously doesn't help with her thinking she is better than everyone else! No, now her nose is higher up in the air! She's talking a whole lot of crap about how much better she is!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Well, if she has two left feet as you claim she does, then she will look like a total fool. They probably won't choose her to solo again, either. How are the grades? Will she just be benched or cut altogether if her grades tank? I wonder if the principal knows she has a solo? Wasn't the principal the one who called her in for her "cleavage moment?" When she wore inappropriate clothing? Crap, now I'm getting the lovely Skids mixed up lol! Was that your SD or TGIHB's Piglet? Hee hee!

~ Moon

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Sorry, Can't, I had my boobies mixed up on the Skids! LOL :jawdrop:

~ Moon

SheSloth pulled out her grades, but ONLY because her teachers allowed her to turn in work that was 3-4 weeks late for at least a 70%. That annoys the hell out of me! I miss the days in school where you had maybe tops 5 days to turn in late work, and for every day missed you got 10pts taken off, and after the cutoff it would not be accepted at all. What does this turn in 3-4 weeks late for credit teach these kids? That there is no need to do anything per instructions or deadlines! How will these kids operate in the real world? A boss isn't going to give them 3-4 more weeks!

And what is worse, DH expects me to be proud of SheSloth for getting all her grades up to at least a B! Hell no! I'm not going to reward laziness and procrastination! Now, if she consistently kept her average that high through the whole period...not waiting until end when she had to pull something out of her butt...the I would show acknowledgement of the grade. I'm not reinforcing her methods! Late isn't alway better that never! Just like the trash the other night...it should have been done when she was told to do it, not 20 minutes later! She shouldn't have even had to be told, as she KNOW it is her Thursday evening job! Girl needs to learn that life does not operate on her timeline!

And she is throwing a fit about me not going to the competition today. Remember, she expects everyone to come watch her perform...no exceptions! If she isn't the center of everyone's attention she isn't happy! Sorry, this health fair and getting more clients is more important that watching her flub up on the field!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I can't believe she is bitching about you not going to the competition? WTF should she even care? That is just crazy! I guess it looks bad on her if stepmommy dearest isn't attending! Because not everyone's world revolves around her, like you said!

My SD13 is being ridiculous with school, too. Doing all of the do-overs, handing in things late, not putting her name on her papers so an F is automatically posted. DH gave her shit about the name thing last night. DH had to go out to one of his stores and do a conference call, so I haven't even been downstairs since SD13 has been awake. I don't want to even see her because she is just ridiculous! It's like living with a 5-foot tall 4yo!

~ Moon

Oh yeah...it is all about everyone's world revolving around her!

Here is the kicker...BD23 was in band all 4 years of high school. I made maybe 2 competitions...never bothered with these pre-competitions like today. DH made maybe one of those...and he adopted BD23! Did BD23 ever make a big deal about it? Nope! To her, the competitions were for her to go have fun with friends...part of high school. It was never a "look at me" thing!

Now sure, I went to every one of BS19's football games, but that was more for my peace of mind than anything. Dangerous sport, chance of serious injury. Yeah, I was going to be right there to go with my child to the ER if the situation came up!

My Saturdays this month filled before the band director ever sent out the schedule! He sent it Monday of this week! I had this fair on my schedule for nearly 2 months now. Next Saturday, we were supposed to go to a friend's wedding which we got the invitation a month ago. Saturday after that, I have to work...and that schedule was made 2 weeks ago! But I'm so evil for having other things on my calendar, obviously! Guess I'm supposed to keep everything open for the princess! Not!!!

Even if I didn't have a full calendar, I'm supposed to spend money (as all these events have entrance fees if at least $10/person), gas, and time who shows me no respect? Just to watch her 5 minutes of glory which I already know I will have to hear about for the next 3 days non-stop?

Oh, and the fair today was at the high school. SheSloth comes bouncing over in her guard costume! Remember all our talk about looking like overstuffed sausages? Yeah...the costume is a unitard...and this thing looked like it was holding on for dear life! SheSloth is not a huge girl, but she isn't tiny. Well endowed, a bit of a belly (yes, even with eating disorders one can be overweight, especially when the only things the consume when the eat are sugar and saturated fat). I'm worried those girls are going to come bouncing right out of that thing!

Well, just as I expected, yesterday was all about SheSloth fishing for compliments about the day before. First thing she did when she got home Saturday night, was start griping at DH that she needed the pictures and video he got (no, he did not take my good camera...he had to take video on his cheese old Elph, which did a crappy job...lol...he knew to not even ask me for my equipment if I was not going). While at church, she had her phone and was showing the pictures and video to anyone that would look at it..."Look at me! Look at me!" Needless to say, I got stuck sitting through the video in the car while we were waiting for others to show to church (being on the praise team, we have to be there early, but everyone else was running late, and we don't have a key to the church). Here is the rundown...SheSloth was the ONLY one to drop her flag in any part of the performance. Her solo? Yeah, it looked like it was something forced in there to make her happy. She prances out of formation behind the french horn soloist, waves her flag around a bit (no real flag work like tosses or anything spectacular like that), and prances back into formation. Seriously, she is going on and on and on about this solo, and I'm left sitting there thinking, "That's it? It looks so out of place!"

Going to be interesting to see if she throws a fit about next weekend. Her band performs at 9:00 a.m.! Sorry...not! The weekend after that I'm working, and it is the real competition...none one of these practice festivals. Maybe they will not get past the first round, and that will be it for the month? I mean, the band itself isn't looking as sharp this year as they did last year, and they moved up to Texas 4A, which has some pretty tough competition. One could only hope so that this guard drama settles down for a bit...at least until winter guard kicks in after Christmas break.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I bet it looked like she went left when she was supposed to go right! LOL I wonder why the coach just doesn't coach her and tell her to STFU and quit asking for a solo? She can do a solo warming the bench, right?

~ Moon

Oh, I'm certain it was her solo! When it got to that part of the video, and everything starts to get still, she says, "Here's my solo...here's my solo!" Everyone is making such a big deal of it...DH, MIL, etc...telling her how great she is! I'm left thinking, "I don't get it!" Of course, I'm the bad guy for not doting on her like everyone else is! Everyone should know my now that I'm a no nonsense kind of person. I will either tell it like I see it, or not say anything at all to avoid the fight. I'm not going to say something just for the sake of saying it if I don't believe it to be true! I never told my kids they were great at something unless I truly thought they were...and if they messed up, we talked about the mess up together, and I helped them plan on how to be better the next time. I simply don't get this giving kids false impressions of their performance. What happens to them when they go out to the real world, and people tell them like it is? It is like these people I see try out for American Idol. Everyone tells them they are amazing singers. What happens, they get on TV and make a complete fool of themselves! Now, what is better for one's self-esteem? Constructive criticism and real help to get better for find something they are actually good at, or praise, praise praise regardless of how bad they are, and then a total smack in the face when the world tells them the truth?

OMG...that is so how I see things! And can you imagine being someone who actually has to work with these girls...be it as a co-worker or one of their customers?

The other night, when I was getting griped at for not being proud of SheSloth for turning in her assignments 3-4 weeks late to pull her grades out her ass, I told DH, "Seriously...what kind of workers do you think these kids are going to be? What do you think the teachers allowing this is teaching them? Get ready for any kind of customer service to go down the toilet as all these kids turn into people who think they can do everything on THEIR time rather than the customer's or the company's timelines!" DH gives me this excuse that every generation thinks that the world is going to go to hell in a hand basket because of the generation behind them, and it always seems to work out. I had to tell him, "Oh really? Yeah...how is that working out right now? We are already starting to see an entitlement problem in society! We are already seeing crappier customer service! It is sad that I would rather shop online because I can't stand the attitude of most of the people in the stores...like how dare I ask them for any kind of assistance. Um, because it is your job!" Yeah...that put an end to that conversation!

Exactly! I would have gotten smacked if I back-talked my parents like SheSloth back-talks DH all the time!

It is true that teenagers push the limits. They do this to see where the limits are as they are trying to figure out who they are. The difference is how that is handled. I'm not saying the my bios NEVER back-talked me and that they were always the perfect little angels. The difference is when they did, I stepped up and parented them! I didn't allow them to be brats! When BD19 didn't want to do his school work in 4th grade, I didn't run to the teacher and tell him that he needed to give my son a break and pass him anyway (as so many parents do). Yeah, BD19 was going through crap at the time. This is when my ex decided he didn't want to be a father any longer, but I wasn't going to let BD19 use that as an excuse! I flat out told the teacher, "I can't make him do his work unless you make him bring it home! We've already tried all the punishments...the kid has been grounded from everything for at least 2 months now. If he doesn't want to do his work, fail his butt! Maybe then, when his friends move on and he doesn't, he will learn a lesson!" And that is exactly what happened...all of BD19's friends went on, and he didn't! He was embarrassed. Sure, he made new friends, and stayed friends with some of the others (which was more difficult when they changed schools ahead of him), but he learned his lesson, and started doing his work...oh, and look...now he is in college! Would he be in a 4-year university right now had I gone in there and made excuses for him and demanded the teachers to pass him anyway? Probably not!

"Oh, you have to talk to your kids"..."Oh, you have to be careful not to make them fear you"..."Oh, you should be your child's best friend" Bull****cough****shi*** You have to parent their butts and make them responsible, respectful, hard working human beings!

One thing that does hit me when I see the pictures. OMG...the captain and lieutenant had the final say in the costume designs they were going to present to the band director for purchase. What were these girls thinking? They are nice and slim, so of course they look good on them. But there are girls on that guard who are pudgier than SheSloth, and, man, that costume is not flattering on at least half of the guard! Spandex body suits? Really? As I always say...spandex...it's a privilege, not a right!

Rags's picture

I went to engineering school with a woman who made it her daily quest to test the rupture strength of Spandex. It was truly tragic. It got alarming when she decided I was going to be her man. She was nice, we were friends but being her man was not going to happen.

Sadly most of the guys referred to her as Anne the Man.

I always invited her to our parties because she was a very nice lady but sadly no one ever asked her out.