You are here

Well, i saw the x-ray

Calypso1977's picture

The kid needs braces.
And somehow this is my fault.

My fiance was all pissed off last night. Said the x-ray shocked both him and BM as it wasnt what they were expecting at all.

He did say BM agreed to going to the cheaper place in the city rather than the local office ($3100 vs $6400).

I told him to wait and see what the second doc says, although im not too hopeful after seeing the x-ray. I also told him to wait and see what happens with BM because once she talks to her minions they may tell her that there is something wrong with the cheaper place and convince her to go local.

He then gets all dramatic and says he's going to find a second job. Then he says he's going to ask his dad for money. Lastly he said "i never should have listened to you and tried to change my visitation last year. that's what started this whole thing". Im sorry, going to court made your kids teeth grow wrong? Then he got all pissy with me and ended up sleeping on the couch.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Oh yes! I wish DH would take this initiative. Shoot...I'm working two jobs. DH's income does not cover his share of things! With just my full time job, I already make more than he does...but he NEVER makes the suggestion of getting a second job...not even temporarily...when SheSloth asks for things like braces or expensive guard camps!

Calypso1977's picture

he's a nut.

we both make good money and have no debt. we can afford the freakin' braces. he's a "catastrophic thinker".

kathc's picture

You've got one of those, too?

Why the hell couldn't they have their "world is ending" fears/rants before they slept with BM?!? "I could end up fathering a child that she will use as a weapon against me for hte rest of my life!!! AHHH!!!!" and ran screaming?!? }:)

Jsmom's picture

Both Stepkids had braces, didn't know that was my fault just for being a stepmom. You can afford the braces. Monthly payments. DH did that and it worked fine.

But, I would be skeptical of the cheaper place. We have so many places in town, there has to be more than two options.

AllySkoo's picture

Good lord. This take the "everything is the SM's fault" to new levels. Is he even REMOTELY able to explain how this is your fault?!? The only thing I can think he might have meant is that BM wouldn't have gotten the child proper dental care (and so wouldn't have discovered the issue) if he hadn't done whatever he did last year. Which is patently ridiculous. Even if the "head in the sand" approach worked in the short term, it's a long term loser - so he owes you a THANK YOU.

Rags's picture

:jawdrop:

What idiot gene erupts with so many of the people that SParents marry?

I wish I knew so we could market a test kit for it to leave these idiots eternally single after they get dumped by the X.