You are here

Adult SD exposing herself

Marianne's picture

My adult SD has done a lot of crappy things. DH and I have been NC with her going on a year. She has stolen, lied, manipulated--the whole basket of evil, but we learned of a new one from DH's sister in Europe. SD visited sister's  family five years ago--she would have been in her late 20's. We just heard that she took a shower with the bathroom door open and was standing in it wrapped in a towel and let the towel drop when the sister's husband walked by. She exposed herself on purpose. I had heard of a time she did something like this as a teen and her mother happened to catch it. The sister didn't believe her husband until I told her that it wasn't the first incident of the sort. I almost left DH after 15 years of this girl's crap. Is this a trait that alienated daughters of divorce have?

Rumplestiltskin's picture

I dealt with this the last time we took a vacation with SO's oldest, mid-20s. We had the towel drop. Also every "shirt" she wore showed her entire nipple and areola area, wearing gauzy sheer tops with no bra, in front of her teenage brothers and my daughter and her friend. I said to SO "um, all her parts are showing." He said something to her a few times and even gave her his shirt to wear at dinner, but she kept doing it and when we got back, i could see her whispering to her sister and laughing as she came out in yet another outfit that showed it all. I just stopped being around her the rest of the time she was in town. It was fairly obvious she was trying to cause tension. It really upset me because i got along with her before this, so idk if she was trying to fk with her dad or me or both.

ETA i'm not close enough with her to feel like i can address it myself. She lives in another state and i had only met her a few times. I felt like we had sort of bonded over some common interests the first few visits, but now i don't really want anything to do with her. 

Someoneelse's picture

My extremely obese sd wears dresses so short that even with her standing completely straight, you see her @$$ hanging out the bottom, her tops are sooooooo low, and her boobs are so small, that her nipples do get exposed (at least if she had a larger chest to fill out the tops they wouldn't be gaping open to show her nipples. She thinks this is sexy, but it's embarrassing to be seen out with her.