You are here

Angry posts

stepfamilyfriend's picture

Keeping this from getting out of hand....seems like so much anger and fighting on the forum right now. May I suggest a couple of things?
1. If we don't agree or like a reply to someone who is venting, we either disagree respectfully or by just posting our own opinion without discrediting someone else
2. Trolls will go away if ignored, not engaged
3. If there is a desperate post with possible danger, maybe let's help the person get through right now; advice for life and scolding may push them away and possibly back in abusers arms.
4. Posts or blogs that are so far out there to seems made up; they exist. If the tragic blog is real, being called on it and questioned probably pales in comparison to the real problems. Starting a fight there won't help.

Feel free to add more, constructively.

Oi Vey's picture

I concur Smile

I think we should try to encourage posters. If we think they're full of it, then we should choose to ignore them.
Maybe these problems are real, maybe they're not.
If the problems are "made up," then the posters probably need even MORE help!

One Life Once Chance's picture

That's good. If there is someone who is really trolling with ill intent, they probably would get fed up and leave if they didn't get there needs met.

I personally came back and really want to keep posting on here, it feels good to get things out. I also want to feel safe with letting it out - if everytime you said what you felt and your spouse got angry, you'd stop saying how you feel because its not safe. If this happens here, then it defeats the purpose.

Willow2010's picture

I guess I have not noticed a lot of fighting...but I have noticed here lately, that feelings are getting REALLY hurt is someone JUST disagrees with someone else. Maybe that is it.

rancherswife's picture

How about the old saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?" If you don't agree, or like what someone posts, ignore it.

StayorGo's picture

I stopped visiting due to a "Troll" and now hoping that person is gone and I no longer have to read the oh so sticky sweet venom in the words in their replies.