You are here

Another day another annoyance

MayCorine85's picture

So until DH and BM figure out their parenting plan DH mom agreed to allow SD to come over every other week. Mainly because we are still in virtual learning and I have no desire to be full time with that. DH is suppose to take SD tomorrow, but I over here her talking to grandmother and she is askingg go SD is she sure she wants to come. Then telling her there is no game to play at her house and stuff... I just don't understand. If you don't want her to come just say that, but don't try to talk her out of it! I haven't said anything to DH, but I just feel like everytime she suppose to go over there it's an issue. I just wish DH would just get the situation with BM fixed and get SD on a schedule.... another day another annoyance 

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Isn't this kid 14 years old? My daughter was 14 when virtual learning started, and we didn't have anyone to babysit her. Her grades did drop and she had a bad semester. However, she felt so bad about it and we gave her so much grief, i think she learned her lesson about responsibility and procrastination.

If your DH and BM feel so adamant that someone should babysit her, they need to work it out, not try to pressure you or grandma into doing it. I don't blame grandma for not wanting to. She probably finds SD as unpleasant as you do. I'm so sick of these parents who push off their responsibilities on others, especially if it's clear the others don't want to do it. 

MayCorine85's picture

Sure is.... and if left alone wouldn't do anything on her own. She barely cleans or even wants to cook her own food. I truly think my husband doesn't even see it as them putting it off on me and grandma, but it's coming to the point where my kindness is just going to go cause I'm just over it. 

Aunt Agatha's picture

But knew from a young age I didn't want any.  I am 12 years older than my sister and saw how much work kids are, with no guarantees on anything with kids.

With that caveat, I am a bit dismayed how many parents with multiple children do t seem to really want them either.  Or certainly don't want to do the hard work necessary to raise kids who are productive members of society.  Especially now that things they took for granted, like shuffling kids off to others to learn, isn't available and throwing fits they might have to keep their kids on track with learning themselves.  

Absolutely it's hard.  But if you as the parent don't want to work with your own offspring, why on earth would anyone else?

Many, many  people are wonderful parents, and certainly times are extraordinary.  

But it makes me wonder why some people have children when I read examples of some of the parents here.

Heres hoping the BM and your DH step up instead of trying to slough off their kids.

tog redux's picture

You can't control the two of them - but you can control you. Let DH know you are no longer willing to help SD with her schooling, and the two of them will have to figure something out.  You are making it too easy for BM to leave her there and DH to do nothing about it. Lots of 14-year-olds are home alone during the pandemic, responsible for their own school. If this 14 yo can't do it, that's so not YOUR problem. Don't make it your problem.