You are here

Assult/TPO

kristina0121's picture

BM's husband has been charged with Assault and Domestic Violence 4 times in the past year. Every time it goes to court BM doesn't show and it gets dropped. The last time was a few months ago and the court issued a TPO against him. He is not allowed at their residence. BM recently told us that he was living there again but they are still getting a divorce. She agreed that they are also "intimate" with each other. Yesterday I looked up their divorce case online and they got the case dismissed without prejudice. This happened before she told us they were still getting a divorce. Then I looked up the Assault case and the TPO ordered by court is still in affect and he is not supposed to be there. It makes me really uncomfortable that SS is visiting over there (DH has custody) and this man beats her and have hit their 1 year old child and threatened to kill both of them but now she let him back in the house. They have the trial this week and I don't know what to do. I don't think it's right that he's in that house when he's not allowed. Every other time BM went to get a TPO but she didn't go to court so they dropped it. This time the court ordered the TPO against him without BM showing up. Because he threatened their child's life. I am just wondering what I should do. I was told by my MIL that I should call the police and report that he is living there and spends his time there. But I'm not sure what that will do. Also there have been some problems with BM being in and out of SS's life and DH was trying to prepare himself in case he went to take her rights away. Do you think this will help in proving that BM doesn't have SS's best interest at heart? Every time he beats her she doesn't show up to court and the case gets dropped.

melis070179's picture

I would definitely call the cops & report it, and DO NOT let SS go over there. He will then be arrested for violating the order & get sentenced to actual jail time.

Just because you CAN give birth, doesn't mean you SHOULD

Rags's picture

It does not matter if the child is your SS or the BM's new baby. A child is in danger by the BMs current husbands presence.

If your DH is going for custody in the future then this is a good indicator of the the XWBMs total lack of judgement.

Good luck and best regards,