You are here

Been Contacted on ST?

NaturallyMom's picture

What do you do if BM or crazy MIL harasses you on ST besides ditch the website?

RustyHalo's picture

I think about this occasionally, but our BM doesn't have internet access or a computer, so I feel pretty safe.

**my stepdaughters did not grow in my tummy, they grew in my heart**

StepMadre's picture

Yeah! What is Crayon's idea? I'm not overly worried about Poncho Goblin finding me on here, and kind of don't care if she does, but it would be nice if we didn't have to worry about being stalked by BMs. We shouldn't have to hold back on expressing our feelings, experiences and concerns just because some pathetic BMs try to stalk us. I quit Facebook because I was being stalked by her, but she was so stupid that she had a friend stalk me on her behalf and her idiotic friend used her real name! H knew the girl and I called her on it, turned her into the Facebook people and she is now banned from that site for a year. My BM is way too stupid to successfully stalk me on here, but if she did all she would find would be me describing painful truths about her. She's not a big fan of reality and likes to live in a fantasy world of denial, so I think seeing the truth written about her in plain english might be too much for her and she would run away screaming. This is an anonymous site FOR step-parents and is designed to give us a place to vent, chat, get and give support and get and give advice and we should feel safe and free to do so.

So what is Crayon's idea????!!!!!

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they will kill you." ~Oscar Wilde

StepChicka's picture

I just copied this from her blog. Don't shoot me Crayon

Just a Thought. . .Maybe we need a Psycho BM Lurker Advisory System
Submitted by crayon on Thu, 01/28/2010 - 8:41am.
Not unlike the Homeland Security advisory system for the Steptalk website.

Green for less than 2% BM content
Yellow for 5-10% BM content
Orange for 10-20% BM content
Red for 20-50% BM content
Brown for over 50% BM content

Normal "can see both sides of the story" BM content doesn't apply, of course.

StepChicka's picture

It's not exactly what we're looking for but could switch it up and still apply it.

IE....if someone notices a BM troller bashing someone on here or STalker herself knows she's being bashed their can be a code color...or word.

If you read the comments in Crayon's blog you might get a better idea.

MarriedwithChild's picture

What happened?

I've been "busy" with the "crew" since Friday night. (after pitching my day long drunk that day..)

MarriedwithChild's picture

To think about it after posting, I WISH the bm bitch would read my comments...It would save me a lot of harrasment and stress and perhaps she "might" finally get the message.

This sucks because I am also a bm (but not a psycho) also...

StepChicka's picture

yes, I'm doing a spin off of Crayon's suggestion. She takes full credit ever bringing it up in the first place. Smile where are you Crayon?

For exmaple....BM discovered you and posted or PM you. You would block the BM then post a blog (not a forum topic because you can't block those), heading "CODE RED" then explain who and why yadyadayda.

ST--ers can decide to do what they want this tidbit. They can let her have it or block her. Its sneak mutiny attack approach really. If EVERYONE blocked her she won't be able to see anybody's posting. She'd go away. Nothing to see here. >insert wicked laugh here<

No need to change names or accounts.

StepChicka's picture

Oh shoot! There's no block just private messages.

Maybe the admins can add that or include another security feature.

Fading's picture

I don't think BM could figure out how to type in the search bar so she's not an issue. DH on the other hand, probably wouldn't care unless he read my blogs then he'd be irked, but I delete all of my history so HA DH TAKE THAT. Smile But for those who have obsessive BMs that have to know their every move some sort of BM security would be nice Smile

~*Fading*~
::*(\_(\
*: (=’:’ ):*
•..(,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»

"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

NaturallyMom's picture

Am I damaging my credibility - or his - by venting here?
Here's what happened:
In conversation to DH, she quoted some of my blogs. Said I am a crappy parent, etc. She tried to tell him that I am fake and he doesn't know how I think or what I say about her. She said I am spreading lies.
DH has access to my blog. In fact, he reads it once in a while when I am moody because he wants to know why I am down and I don't like to talk to him much about her because it just makes him tense. This way he can handle whatever he can at his limit. So far it has worked for us.
Anyway, it gave me the creeps because I heard her through the phone and it was exactly what I had said on here.
OMG, I am getting a migraine. I let this silly cow get to me. Damn it.

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." ~ Abraham Lincoln