You are here

Child Support for BM's

Annoyed1's picture

I'm just wondering why it's expected for the father to pay child support for his kids, but when they are the full time parent, BM's think they don't have to pay support?!?!? My DH recently got full custody of his 2 boys. He has paid CS their whole lives and she has put us through hell and back, by claiming he never paid, even though he did and he had proof, which resulted in him paying CS TWICE for 7 YEARS!!!!! :jawdrop: Well, now that he has custody, do you think that she's paid us a dime since we got them?!? NOT TWO CENTS!!!! Yet, she still collects baby cheques on them each month AND still has the nerve to collect CS from him, since things haven't been put through properly with Child Maintenance!!! I swear, if DH doesn't get his shit together soon, I'm going to pack my shit up and leave! I'm so sick of listening to him bitch about money, but yet still pay that bitch for doing NOTHING!!!! I just don't understand how some of these women give birth solely for the paycheques! It makes me sick :sick:

derb84123's picture

going on 6 years of BM not paying child support on time. and she only is supposed to pay 200 for two kids... its ridiculous.

Annoyed1's picture

I'd rather her pay late than not at all... or worse, still be collecting when she doesn't even have the kids anymore!!! I hate this system, I hate her and I'm starting to resent the kids Sad

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Non Custodial Mothers have a very high rate of nonpayment of CS. My husband's ex never paid a cent for them ever. Even with a court order. I remember one state posted that 62% of NCM were non payers of CS. It is a total double standard.

christinen's picture

It's a HUGE double standard. DH has SD full time and BM doesn't pay crap. Never has, never will. She won't get a job because then her state assistance (welfare) will go away. If she does work, it's under the table. The system is so screwed up it only reinforces their behavior.

jlarks13's picture

Throughout my divorce and remarriage I have come to find that there are a lot of just plain Rotten women out there. I am sure that my ex would say I am one of them, but when put up against some of the stunts I have seen other women pull, I look like a freaking perfect exwife! With that being said, I would def go after BM, even if it is just for the point of the thing. She reaped the "benefits" of having the kids in her custody and by benefits I mean the money. Now that she lost custody, the grass should be the same on both sides of the fence. She should absolutely 100% have to pay something to support those children.

With that being said KUDOS to you and your husband for getting custody of those boys. I don't think men a lot of time feel empowered to even attempt it even if they absolutely should bc the BM is unfit in one way or another or just not looking out for best interest of the children.

mannin's picture

My SS7 (will be 8 soon) has always been with his dad - even when my DH was paying the BM $900 a month. She's never paid for anything in regards to her son. After 8 years, it's finally fixed and she has to pay $191 a month. And, boy has she bitched about it.

"I shouldn't have to pay to see my kid" and "You and Mannin make a lot, why do I have to pay anything."

It's bullshit. I feel your pain.

hornet64's picture

I hate it when my DH not only pays CS, but pays for health insurance too. Then the worthless BM doesn't work so that she can put the kid on medicaid so that our health insurance will cover most of the bill and medicaid will pick up the $20 co-pay. So sad when a "mother" doesn't even want to work enough to pay a $20 co-pay for her own offspring to see a doctor.

But she has no trouble buying new clothes for herself, getting her hair done, getting a manicure, etc.