You are here

Covid Cases rising like crazy

ladybug1974's picture

Hi the covid cases and rising like crazy. ( im in BC ) there are 4 schools in my area that are affected. Not my step kids school as of yet. We are still taking them this weekend. i wrote another forum about them wearing masks ( we decided with all of your help of course ) that will not work for obvious reasons lol. I might still wear one when they are in the living room and common area with me as i get sick easy and everytime they come.

We stoped taking them the first time around when cases were way less, when do we stop this time ? the cases are way more then the first time yet nobody is talking about stoping the switch back and forth. They have 2 kids and his ex is living with her partner that has 2 kids same ages that do the suffle as well, There is to much back and for for me. 

ESMOD's picture

Has your husband thought of trying to reset up the custody schedule so that the kids are with each parent for longer periods.. perhaps with a testing happening prior to changing custody.. like they are with BM during school.. Dad gets them for winter break and summer break.. but they get a test before they come?  he can keep regular contact via text/skype etc??

tog redux's picture

OP, I think if you are this concerned, you should consider getting your own place until the pandemic is over. I know that's not as easy as it sounds, especially if you are around Vancouver, but it seems your anxiety about getting COVID from the skids is very high and clearly your husband is not on board with stopping visitation.

ladybug1974's picture

i acttully told him that ,,, but you see he moved into my townhouse so he and the kids can go elsewhere and leave me with my dog Smile

Rags's picture

Pausing visitation will not hurt a kid.  They may be upset, the opposition parent may be upset, the visitation parent may be upset. But... no one is going to get sick or possibly die from being upset.

If the Skids represent a notable risk and someone in your home is high risk, stop visitation, engage with the Skids on Zoom, and re-engage when the risk is reasonable.

This isnt rocket science and neither emotion nor guilt has any place in making a decision that protects those involved.

IMHO of course.

ladybug1974's picture

i agree i million percent, he acts like he will die if he doesnt get to see his kids, you shoukld see his face when i say anything about stopping. I live there too and i really feel this should be the last visit for a bit. 

ESMOD's picture

what about seeing the kids outside of the home.. in ways that would allow him to be somewhat socially distant from them?  vs having them spend the night in the home?

Stepdrama2020's picture

Your health should come before visitation in this circumstance. A pandemic with a deadly outcome especially since you are high risk would trump the skid coming over. Visitation can continue, but should be elsewhere. Your DH needs to be concerned about you.

Jake's picture

Hey just wanted to say I am with you a 100%. We have 53 new case as of last night in the interior.

Your concern is real this is not the flu. Nobody talks about the survivors who have lasting complications from

being infeced with covid-19. Healthy young people with lasting lung issues, liver and kidney problems as well as mobility 

issues. I have not hugged anybody but my wife since July. Our bubble is very small.

The best of luck Jake

ladybug1974's picture

hi so we have not taken the kids at all as the numbers are nuts.. we met at a park and brought them lunch .. thats how this is for now 

Merrigan's picture

I agree with you. I'm in a hotspot in Canada too and work front line. Tell him to see his kids elsewhere, and make him shower and sanitize when he comes back to YOUR house. 

Harry's picture

And having no place to go.  Not your problem. He wants his kids, He makr arrangement for his kids and himself.  There is no reason to get sick because your DH wants to see his kids who don't take care of themselves. This is not a life time thing but a few month at most