You are here

Crazy baby mama, how much is too much communication

kyky's picture

Hey there everybody!

I have a question and there’s much history behind this anyways but how much is too much communication with my husband and his baby mama?  This baby mama also has a history of being absolutely crazy in every way yelling at  adults when her son doesn’t get his way.  She also thinks that her son is more important than my two little kids.  I understand general communication on things that their son needs but it seems extremely excessive. They probably text each other at least 30 times a day. It seems more than excessive and it seems like she comes up with anything that she can come up with for any reason to talk to my husband, though she’s remarried. She’ll text him about things that happen at her house that have absolutely nothing to do with our household and it’s reallt none of our concern. She also will text him asking him about how to parent her son even though we parent on her own at our house and she’s married with her husband and apparently deal with him in their own way over there. But recently she’s just been texting him things that of happened at her house like she’s not able to handle it herself with her husband. Not major things, just random things. she also will text him asking him about how to parent her son even though we parent on her own at our house and she’s married with her husband and apparently deal with him in their own way over there. But recently she’s just been texting him things that of happened at her house like she’s not able to handle it herself with her husband. Not major things, just random things. I guess you can know the history if you look at my recent forum posts to if you’d like. Thanks for the input!

Harry's picture

You know there no reason in the world that they have to text 30 each and every day.  Even if she is crazy there is NO reason DH should be texting back.  He still has a thing for her and her craziness.  You better put your foot down and stop this,  people having affairs text 30 times a day.  I would not let this happen,  either he stops or goes back to her.  He can not have it both ways 

tog redux's picture

OP, this is the least of your worries. Your DH is allowing his son to beat up you and your kids.

Please get yourself out of there.

flmomma08's picture

Well yes 30 times a day is excessive and for a 12 year old kid, not much communication should be needed at all - medical/school issues and pick ups/drop offs, that's about it.

But oh my goodness, I just read your other post. Why are you still in that house??? Get out of there and protect your kids!

Rags's picture

Time to stipulate to DH that there will be no telephone/text/email contact with BM and that he needs to set up an account with one of the monitored web services for divorced parents to communicate.

This guy is still all about his X.  That is brutally obvious.

As for BM thinking that her son is more important than your children. Of course she does. Sadly, so do the courts.  Prior relationship children are prioritized by the courts. Particularly when it comes to financial resources.

ndc's picture

Seems like the number of times your DH and his ex text should be the least of your worries, with everything else going on.  However, to answer your question, 30 texts a day is too many.

My young skids do two household switches a week (2/2/5/5 schedule), and my DH and his ex don't have 30 text exchanges in the course of a few months.

Pinkleton's picture

I went through this.. and I am now divorcing this for many reason, not just that one!

i think these coparent relationships exist that despite being divorced, despite not being romantically involved with the person, they are codependent. They never learned how to be individuals and parent the child as a single parent household. My stbxh and his ex wife were and still are somewhat codependent. I honestly believe theirs roots from neither of them having other family/friends. They were codependent during their marriage and when they divorced.. they didn’t know how to not be. BM would call stbxh for help with her car, changing her locks, etc. she has a husband and a stepdad.. but she was still very dependent on my stbx and I think stbx liked the “ego stroke”, so he kept it going. He is a very insecure person and I “intimidated him with my independence” so I think he sought out his “ego stroke” from his ex wife. 

I threw in the towel and I’m on my way out. I will not be taking chances with stepfamily life again. It’s just not for me.