You are here

CS question

Nothemom's picture

Just wondering everyones take on if school lunch is part of child support?

Oi Vey's picture

Should be.
Of course, if you have 50/50, then I'd imagine each parent would pay for their weeks.
I don't know the rest of your sitch.

purpledaisies's picture

Are the school lunches addressed in the papers? If not then it is part of CS period! She should have to pay for school lunches, and the reason is b/c your dh should not give anything beyond what is Court ordered! I can not stress that enough. She will come to expect more and more and can even use it against him in court.

Nothemom's picture

BM first tried to get him to pay all of the lunch money funds then back peddled and said that it was split. The section she was referring to states that work or education child care expenses are split 50-50.

I think lunch should be included in the CS but he can see her point that it could be considered part of this clause. I think this clause is relating to child care (daycare) if the parents are working or in school.

Thoughts?

purpledaisies's picture

I would ask his attorney he would know the answer to that clause. I would do this before he agreed to anything. He needs to know the facts before he agrees to anything. I can not stress that enough either. I was the one that researched everything on his papers in regards to what he could and could not do and with what he was supposed to pay and not pay. The reason is b/c it is money for our household and effects me too.