You are here

*Ding* *Dong* The Brat is Gone!!!

happygolucky's picture

After 2 unsuccessful stays at a psychiatric ward THIS MONTH, and me finally leaving, DH has finally seen the light and realizes that SD15 will not change, even though the psychiatrists at the hospital already told him that. When SD15 got released from her last stay at the psych ward he had her bags packed, airline ticket purchased and she is on her way to her moms house! I can come home and reclaim my life! No more lies, no more stealing, no more drugs, alcohol, promiscuous sex with random strangers, no more psychiatrist appointments, counselors, therapists and family doctor appointments. I am free!

happygolucky's picture

It isn't savory there. Or even safe. SD15 is so self destructive and so hell bent on making our lives miserable. After two unsuccessful inpatient stays at the pediatric psychiatric ward and NUMEROUS counselor, psychiatrist, therapist visits all of the doctors have reached an agreement that we cannot keep her. She will find a way to leave and go to her mothers, one way or another. Short of having her committed for long term mental care, there is no way we can keep her because she is determined. SD15 refuses to stay and she doesn't meet the requirements to be committed long term.

Neveramother's picture

That one's easy. Calling her ignorant is an insult to ignorance and even stupidity won't be her friend.

Neveramother's picture

I am not fully aware of your situation as I have recently tuned in but I am happy for you. I say pamper yourself as a way of celebrating.

happygolucky's picture

I'm fully prepard to take the blame when SD15 decides that she wants to move back in. It isn't happening. I will not allow it. She can hate me for the rest of her life, she can curse my name, she can make a voodoo doll to represent me. I don't care. She is out, and gone. You are right about the peace. Walking in to our home, I could just feel an immediate calmness. I actually slept like a baby for the first time in months. I wasn't worried about SD15 getting up in the middle of the night to sneak/steal something, or going in and hurting my 2yo daughter. It was wonderful!

happygolucky's picture

You're right, he will forever be the enabler. The best thing for her would be to hit rock bottom. Either she'll keep digging or she'll find a way to climb back up on her own two feet. Though psychiatric care didn't work for SD15, I still recommend inpatient care to all who have skids that have mental issues, or who have biological parents who are crazy. It may not have worked for us, but it did give SD15 some coping mechanisms. Hopefully she'll resort to them when she needs them in the future.