You are here

A father posts picture a of himself and his daughter kissing all the time on Facebook. Normal or sick?

Lizz741's picture

So this guy I knew in school a long time ago now has a 4 year old daughter. He's OBSESSED with her, to the point that he has her name as a tattoo is his arm.

He posted a picture of him and his daughter kissing on the lips on Facebook. At first, I thought it was a normal thing for parents. But now he keeps posting pictures of them two kissing on the lips. He even wrote: "Having a wonderful day with my world". In another picture he posted of her he wrote "In love with my daughter"  Omg!!!! This is a single dad. It seems like the girl's mother is not in the picture and it's just him and his daughter. Will this turn into an incestuous relationship? Or it already has?

I mean, why would a father post several pictures with his daughter kissing like they are lovers? 

Rumplestiltskin's picture

That poor girl, even if she's not getting molested, doesn't stand much of a chance of growing up to be a normal, well-adjusted person. 

BethAnne's picture

I think kissing your child on the lips is normal or at least not that abnormal, probably differs by familiy culture. 

If he was abusing her I don't think he would be posting these pictures.

ESMOD's picture

Parent loving their child - Normal

Parent getting a tatto of child's name - Normal (people get tattoos of pet's names.. and tons of other passions in their lives.. this isn't a sign that anything is abnormal)

Parent kissing kid on lips - Normal for many families.  My family didn't.. but my husband's family did.  I don't think it is a sign of any dysfunction.

Posting pics of kids on facebook.. calling them "their world"... again.. normal.  I see lots of parents post similar sentiments.. sort of a humblebrag if you ask me.. but it isn't a sign of something bad.

I think you are assigning meaning that isn't there... 

Is the guy posting an idealized "perfect life" on FB? maybe.  Is he doing it to make himself look good to others.. again.. maybe.

If his relationship with his daughter would bother you... I probably wouldn't date him if I were you.  I don't think any abuse is present from anything you are giving us.  It sounds like he loves his kid and is proud to be her dad.. whether he is a "good" dad.. or an indulgent father.. who knows.. I guess he might not be a good partner if he isn't able to balance his daughter with his partner.. but you can't get a full picture from a few posts on facebook.

Stepdrama2020's picture

True story. My ex was like this with SD at 4yrs, got the tatoo and all. I was with him when she was 10 and when she was 20. Nothing changed, except it got creepier and creepier. SD grew up to be an entitled lil B cause big daddio.

Hope this guy is not like my ex. If he is, no woman has a chance with this guy. But then again only naive women may fall for it, I did. Stoked thats over.

relationshipguru's picture

That sounds exactly like my ex only when I left him he rebounded immediately. They even got married a few months after we broke up! However she is a very manly looking, homely type with no job, no career prospects,  who lives off of unemployment. I can only imagine the stuff she is putting up with from his entitled brats and his cheap abusive  a$$. I don't feel bad for her though. I can look back with relief now that it is not me. That is the beauty of it all.

advice.only2's picture

Personally being where I am at in my life now I see all the red flags of him being a guilty dad who allows his little girl to drive the bus.

Had I seen this when I was young and naive I probably would see him as being a super involved dad who just loves his daughter to pieces.

Wicked stepmo.'s picture

I don't see creepy, but I definitely see some narcissism. He probably posted one pic and realiohow much attention he could get. He is portraying himself as this amazing, loving father and everyone tells him how wonderful he is.

My ex does this, every profile pic is alwats of him and DS. All these girls post comments of what an amazing father he is. Then he will respond how he just loves being a dad and how I am a horrible person who keeps him from his son. When in reality he barely sees his kid and has unlimited access to him. 

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Yeah, it's not necessarily inappropriate, per se, but it reeks of a guy who's all about getting attention and praise, and using the kid to get it. All the while, congratulating himself on what an "amazing dad" he is, and probably using the attention to get others to help do all this amazing "dad"-ing for him. And it's all about him and his kids, all the time. But maybe i'm jaded and that's an exaggeration. But also maybe not so...huge red flag.  

relationshipguru's picture

Yep. It is narcissism more so than creepiness. My ex would brag about his kids on facebook all the time. The reality is you couldn't get him off his phone long enough to pay attention to his kids. 

Seriously7's picture

To me that's very weird and a huge turn off in terms of dating if he's looking for a relationship. 

IDontCare3117's picture

Many, many years ago I saw a guy's profile on dating website that seriously gave me the creeps.  In essence, he claimed he let his daughter - maybe 8 or 9 y/o - write it for him.  Talk about EEEEEWWWWWW.

Stepdrama2020's picture

Is dang right. I can just see the dating add " Single male, who has a DD who is my world and comes first.  Looking for a woman to cook , clean, and kiss my amazing DD's ass."