You are here

25 year old immature stepson. I don’t know what to do anymore!!!

Lizz741's picture

Hi. I just really need to vent. I haven't posted about my stepsons because they don't live with me anymore. Thank God!!! 
However, my 25 year old stepson acts like a kid and I'm just wondering if it's normal. My boyfriend and him don't communicate well, so every time my boyfriend doesn't text his son back, SS will text ME instead. He continuously asks me things like:

- is my dad there? 
- can you ask my dad if he will see me today?

- what is my dad doing?

- can you ask my dad to call me?

I am annoyed of getting messages from this kid asking for his daddy all the time. I am not his personal secretary and if his dad doesn't respond so what??? It's not the end of the world. He seems needy and doesn't know or respect boundaries. I'm not okay with him texting me asking about his dad but he seems to think it's normal. One time my boyfriend told him to stop texting me and he stopped. Then just one time I asked SS a question. I usually NEVER text him. And after that day he felt free to text me again continuously asking for his daddy. Grrrrrr.

Do you think this behavior is normal for a 25 year old? How do I make him understand it's not my problem if he can't communicate with his dad? 

Winterglow's picture

Normal or not, block his number and don't call him again. Like you said, you're not his secretary. 

Rags's picture

End of problem.

He needs to texty his daddy.

smh

caninelover's picture

You don't need to text or call him anymore.  Just block him or don't answer his texts.  

reedle2021's picture

Block him.  Sounds like my ex-SS.  Weird and annoying.  You are not his secretary.   You would not be wrong in blocking him.