You are here

Hahaha.....BM got told no!!

Invisiblestepmom14's picture

So a little back story, BM decides that the skids need to be put in a extra curricular that costs over $1200 per kid! We have 2 kids, we can't afford it! Not with CS and plane tickets to bring them to us each summer! So DH tells her no! We can't and won't pay that! There are other activities that cost way less than that one and the skids don't even want to do that sport! DH told her if she wanted kids in it, she'd have to foot the bill. And this is where I'm laughing, I've checked the CO and we never agreed to pay half of any extra curricular!! We have helped pay in the past (to keep the peace) because we want the kids to play in things but hell they don't even want to be in the fucking sport!!

So BM you can bite my ass! You won't be getting our $1200! We'll happily pay for a reasonable sport! Besides you let skids stopping playing after 2 months anyways! Not my signature on the contract!! LOL

Seriously, anyone else dealing with a BM that signs kids up and hands a bill after the fact?

LRP75's picture

The BM to my skids used to do that. I put a stop to it though once DH and I really started getting serious about one another. I coached DH to say, "I will have to check the budget and get back to you about that." Then he would call her back and tell her that he couldn't afford it. Sure, she lost her mind the first few times. However, she no longer sticks her greedy hand out for extra cash anymore.

Lol!! That's exactly what I told my DH to say! I handle our budget and it just isn't in our budget! We even talked to the kids, they are old enough to understand budgets and money, and they understood that we either paid for this extra sport or bought plane tickets for their next visit. They didn't even know what the sport requirements were going to be and when we explained it, they didn't have any interest in it!

She was pissed but that's life! I'm not going to live on credit cards just so she can sign them up for things without consulting us! Wink

Maroma1984's picture

My BM calls my husband's mom for all that crap. If my DH's mom wants to pay for it all , that's her business , but she actually makes really good money so I'd rather her get attacked over us.

BM knows better than calling us for money. That bitch is a nurse and make a LOT of money and we pay our CS every month and that's as good as it gets. She did cry for an extra 50 dollars once our daughter was born claiming "Now we finally understood how expensive children are!" We just gave it to her to keep the peace.

I regret it though because we can't afford to do anything and every weekend her and SD11 go out and see movies , go shopping, ect. The last time SD11 was here she had a brand new 100 pair of shoes. I KNOW she only asked for more money because we did have a child.

phoenix410's picture

I've had the opposite. BM is supposed to pay half of what the s/kids do, so DH will sign them up for something they want, then she will say "I never agreed to them playing _____. I'm not giving you anything." And he ends up paying for everything. Now it will be US paying for everything...yay.

Orange County Ca's picture

Children should not carry messages. This is not a "dinners ready" situation.
I instructed my ex-wife that she was to call me or write me (pre-computer). I told her that any message sent verbally via a kid would not be ignored I would simply refuse to receive it.

As you can guess the next time my son visited he said "Dad Mom wanted me to tell you..... That's as far as he got. I told him I didn't want to hear it. He said you'll be glad you got the message etc. I said "No". I didn't instruct him in any way as to what to do but as you can further guess Mom got the message that I didn't get the message.

Sure enough she was on the phone and she never sent a verbal message again. Paper notes yes which the kid did not know the content of.

I agree! Our BM always sends messages through the kids! We have put a stop to most of it, I know she'll play the "your dad won't pay for it" card. They are currently with us for the summer. They are old enough to understand finances and budgets, we sat them down and talked to them last night about it. We showed them some other activities that are available for them, which my DH will forward the info to BM. In the meantime, we find out the real reason for this activity, the skids can walk there, apparently, BM is just to busy to drive them to another activity! She gets off work less than an hour after kids are out of school. Her new bio kids are more important to her, she won't even be at the practices!

My SD asked us when she can live with us, at the age of 12 she can, she just turned 10. She's been telling her mom since last year she wants to live with us. We'll see what happens.

I don't mind the skids doing extra stuff but when it's not financially doable then no. We talked to the kids and they understand, we are looking into other activities that don't cost a fortune! This is what really pisses me off, she states that the kids will just sit in front of the tv when they get home but when they ask to go outside and play she tells them to go watch tv! WTF? They live on a base! Both kids have bikes to ride, we asked why don't you go ride your bike, my SD says my bike has flat tires and I asked mom to fix them, was told no...both kids have the same story over and over. And BM is know to be a lying witch! I'd believe skids over her anyday, we've had to many issues with BM lying to believe her now!

She tells us that the kids can walk to this activity which is why she wants them to go, she's off of work early, but is to fat and lazy to take them to any other sport! Her new bio kids come first now, she won't even be at the skids practice! She is unbelievable! Sad