You are here

Happy Holidays

Kaim's picture

I'll be the first to admit I love the holidays - the Christmas music (minus the Chipmunk song, that's just annoying IMO), the snow, and just generally the atmosphere. Makes everything seem so much better and innocent. Having off work and being able to sleep late isn't a bad benefit either.

And then you think about the reality of it, and realize you get to see the spoiled kid get everything off disneyland dad, toxic but oh so great aunt (new term = Inlaw Alienation Syndrome), and the kid bitching because while his mom only got him maybe 200 dollars worth of presents (keep in mind she barely uses $100 of CS money; the rest go immediately into a savings account that no one besides him can touch when he is 18 - her choice to do this), daddy bought him 500 combined with the 1000+ aunt gifts. So I took a look at the list at what his aunt got him this year - in no particular order:

New Ipod Touch (he got one 2 years ago from her)
A new golf driver (estimated value = $400-500)
Douchebag clothes (Banana Republic, Abercrombie, etc. - this after going on est. 1500 shopping spree with her 2 weeks ago and another one maybe 3 months ago. Oh and he's 14 - so no justification of he needs to look professional)
Video Games
Money
10 lbs of high grade Whey Protein for body building (est. value = 70 bucks)
Other body building supplements (Creatine, etc. - I'm into lifting and a 14 year old shouldn't be taking anything like this)
General weight training stuff (straps, belts, bunch of other crap)
More clothes (mesh shorts, UnderArmour, etc.)
Boxing gloves plus straps
Boxing speed bag
Gift Cards

God only knows what Dad got him (probably a life size baby Jesus and the manager replica). And the best part about all of it? He managed to fail school within the first quarter, and then the aunt made the idle threat of if he didn't complete detention by x day, he wasn't getting any presents (this being said, a day after the last shopping spree). Oh, and let's not forget how much of a bitch she is with her text messages saying stuff like "you truly don't love your son, otherwise you would drop everything for him", pretty much kidnapped him one time, and generally makes life hell when she wants attention. And for you ladies out there, she called my SO fat and a streched out cow (my SO is 5'5" and weighs 115-120). And what does she get my SO for Christmas? Some free shit her vendors gave her as a promo that we can't even donate for the tax write-off. Sister asked me what I wanted - I told her I wanted to pay for her much needed counseling; that went over well...

Meh, oh well - luckily I have no part of this side family, the SO loves me, her mom and dad are choosing to spend Christmas w/ my SO and myself instead of SO's sister (kid is with dad after 1 for a 6 hour Church service + weekend - HA, guess that means I won't be wearing pants all weekend). So as I type this, I'm drinking some spiked apple cider we had saved and listening to Christmas music while we decorate the tree. So since I won't be on here until after the holidays most likely - I hope everyone has a good holiday, and you get some peace and quiet.

To All, Happy Holidays. I wish you the best.