You are here

How bad do I need mental help? PLEASE READ AND RESPOND!!!

havesimplyhadit's picture

I feel that I might need mental help. I have an intense hate for my SD, she is only eight years old. I hate this child so bad, I even hate her for living! I guess I am one of those evil step mothers you hear about. I never dreamed I'd become one of those people. I am such a kind, quiet, and gentle person. I have children when I met husband. We have one together. I was used as a babysitter for SD while the BM went off partying and husband stays high. The whole time DH had be brainwashed into believing that his daughter was precious gold, my children were nothing, and that I should be happy to keep this precious child for him and BM.

From the moment I got pregnant with OUR child, he would talk about BM's pregnancy. How wonderful it made him feel, how he saw SD's nasty little rancid head slide out of BM's nasty maggot infested crotch and how beautiful it was. BM would march into my home and drop SD off, demanding that I keep her and slamming my own door. DH would be drunk. He would fall all over SD like she was some beautiful piece of gold. He would expect my own daughter (who is near the the same age as SD) to give up her clothes, shoes, and everything for his "precious angel"

On the few times when SD wasn't dropped off for ME to take care of, dh would take a photo of her into my car and cry and play sad songs. He'd come in all red eyed holding the picture of SD crying (drunk) He'd sit and cry about how his sweet angel, his best friend in the world couldn't be with him. (seriously he said those things) All the while I was pregnant and tired. I put the crib up by myself while he talked about putting SD's crib up. I wrote the baby book by myself while he sat on the couch and told me stories of what kind of baby book they had for SD. I was filling out the baby book and came to where it said siblings, he did watch me do that and jumped at the chance to say "oh, don't get SD's name spelling wrong, let me tell you how it's spelled, the reason we named her this was (and then went onto the story of how they came up with the kids name) Like I cared!!!!

EVERYTHING was about this kid. She took up my ENTIRE home for almost two years!

Then I realized that I was being nothing but a babysitter for bm and my husband. She would come to my door and scream, kick my door until I'd open it, push SD in my home and say "there, see you in a week" Husband would be laying high somewhere, but he'd be sooo happy to have "his precious baby" with him. Of course while he layed high and I watched the brat.

I finally put my foot down! No more SD in my home! I haven't seen the child since Easter! NONE! I refuse to even speak her name in my home. I told dh, you better not even say her name to me unless you get yourself help with your addiction. If you want to see her, get the hell out of my house and visit her because you will not do it on MY TIME WHILE YOU'RE HIGH!! So, he's chosen to ignore her, but has blow ups that I hate the kid.

But, the fact is? I now DO hate her! I can't even mention the kids name! The mere thought of her makes me want to vomit. The MANY MANY pictures sitting by my dhs side of the bed of SD make me want to puke. He aims them RIGHT AT where we sleep so I see SD when I first wake up and when I first lay down. He puts roses around these pictures, holds them, it's soooo WEIRD! The site of the kids picture makes me want to puke. I have never in my life seen an uglier child than that.

I also do not believe this child belongs to dh. It doesn't matter because dh would never care anyways, he thinks he has an angel that fell from the skys.

But, I can't bare the thought of this kid. I'd rather lick vomit up than visit her!!!

shielded2009's picture

I do agree with you...You do need some counseling...

You've not said anything about SD, so I don't understand why you hate her...I mean I get it, but it doesn't look like it's because of HER...but rather because of how your DH acts and how you feel BM and DH treat you...Stuff that in affect, you allowed...

Why did you accept all of the treatment and comments from DH???

Just wondering...

Well, at the time I figured that he was just telling me his feelings. I did call him on them a few times and he would just say that it was un-fair that he couldn't share his personal feelings about "his angel"

I think it's just that SD represents ALL this hell that's been going on. If she had just never been born then I wouldn't have had to hear about her slimy birth, or have BM pushing her into my door, having SD put WAY before the baby WE had. She took first place to everything. It was just sickening. I deep down KNOW that it is NOT her fault and to be honest if she were here right now, I would be great to her. I just honestly feel that dh PUSHES her onto everyone! It's like "here is the queen, treat her as such, everyone else is shit" He did this to everyone! Even putting a picture of SD into my sisters home, he took my sister's sons picture RIGHT out of the frame it was in (that was sitting in HER home!) and replaced it with Sd's!!! He then laughed and joked "now you have a princess in your home" My sister just sat there and stared! She removed the picture and just sit it down on her table. I think she was hoping dh would take the darn thing back with him, but he DIDN'T!! He just picked it up and stuck it over another picture in the living room!!!

littlemommy's picture

That part about the picture at your sister's is definitely weird. Out of curiousity what is he high on and is he still using? That could explain him acting so loopy and I'm sure it is not helping the situation at all. My DH gets annoying when he drinks (which isn't often) but I cannot imagine dealing with him if he was shit faced nightly.

anita...sigh's picture

You need to take all the hate and put it where it belongs... ON your DH and BM.

Counselling would help.

leftfield's picture

Why are sooo many men like this when it comes to their first or 2nd offspring????? That is what I want to know!!!

Most Evil's picture

I think the real problem is your DH and his substance abuse and addiction!!! Who cares what he says when he is f'd up and high, he needs to get his act together RIGHT NOW. If he will not come clean I believe you should definitely leave him, and all these type problems will be solved.

Why should you get 'mental health help', when he is the problem?? There is nothing wrong with you, you are justifiably angry at living with an addict. Trust me, I know, it will not change until he is out of the picture - then you can become healthy yourself. Do NOT go down with him!!!!

morgan_minx80's picture

This story beggars belief. Its no wonder you feel this way for your SD. But your DH needs a boot up his ass. What I find hard to believe is how you are still there and putting your own children at risk from your dh. He needs help and so do you. Find your own self respect and paired with the love for your kids you will do what is best for them and you. It sounds like no kids are safe around your dh. Get out before you get into trouble with CPS. Is this "man" worth losing your kids over?

You just don't understand how much you all have helped me. I have never been to a board where I have actually been talked to like a human and given serious advice. Thank you all so very much.

icecubenow's picture

Counseling for you will only help YOU find new/different ways to cope with HIS choices. If HE doesn't change, then counseling is useless.

HE needs the help and HE needs to ask for it. You can take a horse to water...

I think he does feel guilty, but I also think that even if you took the addiction away, he'd still have an un-healthy obsession with the kid. When the child was about 3 (so 5 years ago) the mother had just left the child with him for four months and didn't return. Even when he had the child all to himself, he STILL acted this way!! I was not married to him then, I didn't know he was such an addict either. I actually was neighbors with him for awhile back then. He still had this obsession with her when he had no reason to feel guilty! It was very bizarre and other neighbors could never figure it out. No-one wanted him or the kid around because they felt he pushed the kid onto everyone and wanted them to adore her and lavish her with gifts, whatever. It was SO bizarre!

What's even weirder? This child's family KNOWS about how severe his addiction is, but they still blame him not seeing her on ME! They'd be FINE and DANDY if the child visited him dog drunk! They wouldn't care! They think that this is all on me, all my fault, poor precious queen can't see daddy because of his bitch wife. They NEVER EVER tell the kid that her dad can't visit her because of his addiction, they tell her it is because of ME!

She even questioned me once (the child did) How come you don't want me visiting? Dh looked so proud of her for asking me that, he too takes NO responsibility for ANY of this!