You are here

I don't know If I can do this anymore help!

Helpless0987's picture

Going on almost 4 years with the 2 skids, I have no children of my own, would very much like my own..... I don't know if I can handle them anymore, I'm so afraid I'm going to waste all my time and patience with them by the time I'm thru I won't want to have any kids! These kids are terrible and spoiled... I just want to run away... I'm feeling so overwhelmed, I thought maybe cause one moveed back In full time, but that's not it..... I just can't take them anymore and it has put a real change in my relationship.... Am I just panicking or maybe time to call it quits!!!!

anotherfrustratedstepmother's picture

Sorry to tell you that it does not get much easier. It is extremely difficult and frustrating and takes much much patience, love understanding, to get through it.
You will be counting the years ttill they go like most of us on this site.
I have 8 more years to go and then plan to move very far so I can enjoy my husband and our relationship!

emotionaly beat up's picture

The root of this problem is not you or your lack of patience. It is not even believe it or not the kids step or bio. That being the case you might want to go to the root of the problem..... your DH who has spoilt his kids. Sorry, but if you read through all our problems, they all stem from the same thing, a bio parent who will not step up and be a parent. There is nothing you can do about the kids, they're not yours, they are your husbands biological children and he needs to step up, support his wife, control his children and let them know in no uncertain terms what behaviour is and is not acceptable in your home.

You need to sit down with him and let him know what you expect of his children and their behaviour towards you, the two of you then need to compromise and come to a mutual agreement that both of you can stand united on.

If he wont' do this it will just get worse as the years go on. Spoilt undisciplined kids with an over inflated sense of entitlement grow up to be even more self centered undisciplined adults with an over inflated sense of entitlement who also feel that they have the right to run the household whether they live in it not and to tell the bio parent how to live their life.

Get your husband to sort out the mess he has created.