You are here

Just a question?

Helpless0987's picture

Does it irritate you when your skid looks exactly like BM ? If so why?

seeingitfrombothsides's picture

With my exSS, this used to bother me so much, but I think it was just an overall hatred of the entire situation. I think I needed to have anything to blame my extreme hatred of that situtation on, because I was so miserable and scared of what was happening to my life.

Current SS, I'm glad he has many of his mom's features. He is a great looking kid, and I love him. My DH doesn't have to worry about it with my DD. She is pretty much my mini-me! (I hope that doesn't bother her SM, but I am pretty certain EVERYTHING bothers her SM)

littlemommy's picture

I'm not going to lie, yes it does, but what bothers me most is that SD acts just like her, right down to the nasty faces she makes if she doesn't get her way. The resemblence is annoying tho, bc even tho I realize she is a separate person from BM, when she looks more like her all the time it's like a constant reminder of DH being stupid enough to lay down with such a tramp.

Still Have Hope's picture

It bothers me much more that they act like her. She has taught them that the world owes they something. That you don't need to work for anything. To spend, spend, spend and damn the consequences.

stepsonhatesme's picture

Luckily, I dont have to really worry about that because both of my SS look like thier dads. I would hate if DH would have had a girl with MMM b/c with my luck she would look like her ...YUCK!

cant win for losin's picture

I shamefully admit, yes i hate it. But also secretly i am glad SS has no features of DH.
Also, it makes me wonder if SS really is DH kid. I see no physical simliarities, no similar demeanor.

Hmmmmm

whoa_nelly's picture

I have to agree on behaving like BM, looks don't bother me so much but when I see her behaving like her psycho BM (voice, body stance, throwing a fit) I cringe. SS is a mini me to dad and so much easier to be around.

NotGoingGood's picture

Me too! My SS has his mom and his dads features and he is a great looking kid! It doesn't bother me at all that he shares features with his mom, just when he says something that I KNOW came out of HER mouth first! He is a great kid and doesn't even like his mom that much, but every now and then he will make a comment that annoys me, because it came from her and it was an unintelligent comment Smile

Gabriels Mom's picture

SS doesn't look like BM too much but he has some of her habits. It drives me up the wall that he's not organized and yes I know he's 9 but I bought him an assignment book to write down his homework and a folder to keep ALL of his papers in and he STILL loses his homework papers...how? If you put it in the folder it should still be there! UGH! It drives DH crazy that SS is so lazy. He never wants to clean or do anything except sit around eat and play video games. We are very active and when we go to parks to go walk the trails etc SS complains the whole time. BM encourages apathy. She doesn't care about anything so she doesn't want him to either because that would mean she has to actually do something.

frustratedsince09's picture

SS looks like his dad (thank God), but has his BM's vocabulary. "Aint", "Fixin' to", etc. I WILL not let him speak that way in my house as i do not want it to rub off on my 2 year old.

mama_althea's picture

SD is a clone of BM as well, so that doesn't really help me like her. I can't fault her for her looks, and I guess I can't fault her for the fact that she has BM's mannerisms and vocabulary. I don't meant to, but it makes me cringe. I catch SO cringing every now and then as well.

There are times when I am so irritated with the resemblance that I actually don't care for people with the same hair/eye color combination. I can only admit that here. And, yes, I'm aware of how absolutely ridiculous it is.