You are here

Interesting story

Stepmom09's picture

This popped up on my facebook. I know I couple currently in the middle of a divorce I could see turning into this when they are older. Opinions?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/fashion/the-original-conscious-uncoupl...

2Tired4Drama's picture

I think this story would have had a much different outcome if the father had indeed brought his girlfriend to the wedding!

beyond_fed_up's picture

My DH parents divorced when he was a teen. His dad cheated on his mom. She never dated (is in her 80s now). He moved on with his life as a single guy but never remarried. When he moved back to their hometown they started doing everything together again. They lived 1 block from each other but went everywhere together, had meals together, bought an RV together! When my daughter & I came into the family she was so surprised that her new grandparents were divorced. They even shared a bed when staying with family or in a hotel. When he got cancer she took him to chemo treatments and surgeries. She was with him until he died. Right after he passed she picked up and left town and seemed glad to be done with it. I don't know if she was just putting on a front for her kids & grandchildren? Or if she resented not moving on with her life with someone else, she never knew another man and I wonder if that made her have regrets.