You are here

Is it me or Is DH taking things to far

Crazystepmom12's picture

DH has been divorced for ten years. During those ten years BM has Financially ruined DH, filed false CPS reports and overall made DH life hell. DH is justify very bitter towards BM. 

Due to this DH will sometimes go out of his way to "stick it" to BM. Below are some examples

1. SS is 13 and does not know how to tie his shoes. DH reason is he has taught SS EVERYTHING else so BM can do SOMETHING. This is true BUT I feel DH should teach SS13 if BM for whatever reason is not. 

2. DH will openly speak negatively about BM to SS. Example. Will tell SS the reason SS goes to a therapist is because BM wants him drugged up because BM can't handle SS energy. Yes BM is the one at therapy appointments pushing the ADJD meds but I feel he should not be telling SS this. DH does this in hopes he will be the favorite parent. SS13 loves both his parents and I can't imagine what this does to him. 

Thoughts on this 

ndc's picture

Seems to me that your DH hates his ex more than he loves his child.  He should stop bad-mouthing the ex and start teaching the kid to tie his shoes.

justmakingthebest's picture

At what point is your SS not embaressed himself that he can't tie his own shoes?? Yes, either parent should teach him but seriously, youtube it or something kid, It isn't hard. Most 5 yr olds have it down.

As for trash talking BM, he needs to stop. Chances are he is only going to turn his son against himself if he keeps it up. 

Crazystepmom12's picture

SS13 had a crying meltdown at school when the teacher wanted him to stay after to complete missing work. What 13 year old does that! Both parents have tried to teach SS when he was younger BUT SS is lazy and refused. Whenever  SS gets new Sneakers he cuts the laces short and makes a double knot and just slides his feet in the shoes rather than untie them. I'm hoping kids at school would pick up on this but so far nothing.

Harry's picture

When a 13 yo can't  tiring his own shoes.  This is something he should want to do by himself.  He needs help !!

Rags's picture

Both mommy and daddy are killing this kid, or at least killing any chance for him to become a viable self supporting adult.

While I do agree with daddy giving the kid the facts of how BM is trying to drug the kid into a mindless drooling moron, I do not agree with daddy cherry picking his failures as a father.  

A 13yo can teach themselves to tie their own shoes.  Nothing there is not countless videos of on the internet.  

That may be something  you can for this kid. Introduce him to the Google and start connecting his brain with analysis and decisioning techniques that his parents are obviously not interested in his ever learning.

Mommy and daddy need to get over each other and start focusing on what is best for their kid.  Mommy needs to quit drugging this kid into a mindless lump of drooling food processing flesh and daddy needs to start being a father to him, providing an example of a caring father, teach him how to be a young man rather than a infatilized mommy victim and for F sake, teach him to tie his damned shoes.

Some people have no business being fertile. Both mommy and daddy in this case included.

Poor kid.

smh

All IMHO of course.