You are here

Joint bday party today whoo!

leslie814's picture

I know I know joint birthday parties ugh but it wasn't that bad i guess. I got bored in the middle seriously it was like 4 hours long. I left for a little while. After I come back DH says to me so while you were gone BM had a talk with me. The way he said it made me feel like it was about me but anyway. She says that she is dating someone shes not ready to bring him around yet but wanted to let me know that in SIX MONTHS there will be the potential.

Now I just don't know what I think about this. You pulled him aside at the kids birthday party of chaos as soon as i leave to say that in six months you MIGHT be having a date to these things too. What kind of response was she expecting did she think he needed that long to mentally prepare. I mean I don't know it may be petty and the party went well enough otherwise (there will always be some level of awkward) but nothing the kids would notice. I was just kind of like was that really neccessary?

leslie814's picture

I didn't say anything really just asked his response and left it at that i won't bring it back up

Sparklelady's picture

I'd say she just did that hoping but he would care - trying to make him jealous. I wouldn't think anymore about it, if I were you - honestly not worth your attention.

jennaspace's picture

That's what it sounds like to me too. I mean he's coming with a wife, why would she need to prepare him that she might have a boyfriend come? In six months no less. It doesn't make any sense. Plus it must be very new if she wouldn't even bring him for six months.

jennaspace's picture

That's what it sounds like to me too. I mean he's coming with a wife, why would she need to prepare him that she might have a boyfriend come? In six months no less. It doesn't make any sense. Plus it must be very new if she wouldn't even bring him for six months.

QueenBeau's picture

Just wanted him to care. BM called DH up the other day like "I've been seeing someone & it may get serious. If it does do you think he shouldl ahve a say so on raising SD7 or (her other child, her BS5)? Like when we are married?"

DH told her she was crazy, she knew nothing about marriage, & hung up on her.

sbm014's picture

Wow. This is like when BM decided we needed to be friends and confide in me when she got dumped right before she decided that everything was my fault. I would just put "k" in response to her. Like am I supposed to run to DH and say "Hey BM is single again maybe your should leave me for her you know because next pick up/drop off she will be wearing your clothes again" - No lie she still wears his clothes we noticed they disappeared when she was dating but they have been back in full force.

I am so glad we don't do joint events - heck DH is doing the family birthday dinner early so that BM can her 6-8pm birthday visit and he can go pick SS up and everything will be happy no beyond interactions and I get to be invisible because last birthday DH was home BM threw a fit that it was to close to their wedding anniversary and she didn't want to see me in the truck which I heard while the door was open DH's response was "This is about you getting a little bit of time for SS's birthday and that is all" - well guess what BM I don't want to see you either so happy few hours with SS.

leslie814's picture

Yes be glad but its weird since joint events started 2 years i think we have only been invited to OSD's bday parties and not YSD I don't care and he's never said anything about it but it's something that I realized today.

leslie814's picture

Thanks ladies! It was just kind of the icing on the already awkward cake. The earlier poster is right it must be really new but I guess mystery man must have really stolen her heart to be thinking this far in advance. I can't wait to meet what shes wrangled in but I guess I'll just have to wait six months Sad oh shucks

Cocoa's picture

this is one reason why I don't believe in joint anything with an ex (MAYBE joint custody if the father had been giving a great percentage of the child's care during the marriage). it can create false hopes or keep those hopes burning. after a divorce there needs to be almost a period of no contact (as close as possible when kids are involved) to give the ex spouses a chance to get used to life without the other. these joint birthday parties do not help with that. she overstepped because she was given an opportunity to do so.