You are here

Just wondering....

Helpless0987's picture

What is the most annoying habbit your spouse has with your skids that just sends you thru the roof!

on the fence's picture

When SD calls, it sounds like he's talking to a baby! Wellllllll, hellllllooooooo, sweeeetheart! You wanna throw in a coochie coochie coo as well? :sick:

I have reminded him that she is almost 11 and he sounds like a complete idiot. He is working on it.

Helpless0987's picture

LOL omg baby talk makes me cringe espec when the kids are to old for it.... I want to puke when I hear "come give daddy a hug" right after a tantrum!

doll faced sm's picture

You're grounded! . . . ummm . . . ok, you're not grounded for right now.

It drives me bonkers! My kiddo is suppoed to be grounded from t.v. and computer for 2 weeks right now, but every time I turn around she and Daddy are glued to the t.v.! We don't even have cable!!!!! They're watcing *old* (like from the 80's) movies together. So I ask, "Isn't she supposed to be grounded?" He says, "I told her she's not grounded if I'm already watching t.v. and she's watching with me." WHAT!? This goes on for about 3 days and I'm just fuming. I wait till the kiddo goes to bed and I look at DH and ask, "What was the point of grounding her if every time I turn around, she's watching t.v. again?" He was way better about it yesterday, and took off for a week to GA today for court.

Helpless0987's picture

My major annoyance- skids can do no wrong in his eyes... No mater how terrible they act no one can say anything about it to him or they are the bad guy and then baby's them.... Doesn't even matter if he sees them clearly doing wrong he ignores the situation And rewards them with baby talk, money, gifts and special trips!

ESM's picture

When Bitchula (SD 26) calls he takes walks into another room or outside.
Like I reall give a flying F*$K what the two love birds are talking about.

GAK! It is just too creepy.

monet30's picture

My sd is 18 and their relationship is creepy, she has no life or friends but her dad she calls to let him know she is getting in the shower and she has been moved out 3 months.

ESM's picture

Oh yes, and how could I forget!
Everytime, without fail, if there is someone over when he is talkig to Bitchula he will come back into the room after their love fest and make a point of saying to me 'Oh, Bitchula says 'hi''.
I wonder if she can spell manipulative?

z3girl's picture

It puts me through the roof when SD is sick or has to go to the ER yet again for something and DH calls her and is oh-so-concerned. And yet when I had a kidney stone, I have "too many issues" for him. Mind you, I've never been admitted to a hospital (except to give birth!) and SD was in for days for mono when she was 16! It pisses me off that if I don't feel well, I suddenly have "issues" and he's all lovey-dovey with her over every one of her million ailments. Grrr.

hbell0428's picture

When DH talks to SD14 almost like they are dating; even when she just got into trouble; it's like he feels bad after he does it.....Honey, sweetie, babe!! It makes me want to throw up!! :?

marissamae88's picture

My SO has an amazing gift....he can not hear any whining, crying, fighting, or anything that I can hear. Its amazing I hear my skids doing any of the above and I (magically of course) am the only one that can I hear it. I hate that I am the one who has to go over stop the tears, the fights, and alll the whining because I cannot hear it or I will seriously hurt someone. He would rather me to ignore it until it poof magically goes away I dont know where my SO learned this parenting skill maybe Hogwarts but I am ready to hurt him.

k8tie's picture

Yes... DH still does things for my SD7 that she can do for herself like helping her get dressed or pouring her drinks all the time. She also does the baby talking and sometimes he tells her to stop and other times he encourages it by talking baby talk right back to her. That drive me up the wall. I cant stand the whining and he rarely does anything about it. He thinks because BM babies her that its "OK" that he still does it. His excuse is "but I only do it sometimes"! So he admits that its wrong but still does it. I guess admitting it is half the battle right? lol Thankfully, he has pretty much stopped carrying her around, especially at night when she is too tired to walk upstairs to go to bed, he would carry her like a baby! Its rare that he does it, which I guess is OK if she were sleeping and we both dont want to wake her up if its been a long day. I am sure I will think of other things after I post this!

Katie

Whateva's picture

He does not discipline enough but specifically seem to grant them what ever they ask? For example they ask for cupcakes at 8:30 am in the morning and he says ok! when I sarcastically say " oh cupcakes for breakfast" ?? he says it is ok, they ate breakfast already. This is one of a million small situations that drive me nuts. I think people that think they are good parents need to learn that saying "yes" to everything kids ask for does not make one a good parent and giving in just because they are products of divorce is a slippery slope

Whateva

roseslady2's picture

Bad mouthing their mother and their friends. The biggest problem I have in my house is my DH, not my blended family. They are the only reason I'm making it through this.

Most Evil's picture

I hate that my DH thinks SD is extremely smart when she actually flunks most of her classes. We still have to hear her correct adults when they talk about animals - she is an expert because she watched Animal Planet for 99,0000 hours and is therefore an expert-!!!!!!!

Shannon61's picture

Picking up after SD (27) when she makes a mess and doesn't clean up after herself. It drives me nuts. Strange he can pick up after her, but he can't seem to pick up his own crap. He's getting better because I ream him everytime I see him do it, but sometimes I think he does it behind my back to keep me quiet.