You are here

Mommy Dearest Update - Looking forward to getting this year over with

Uddermudder123's picture

It has been awhile. But Mommy Dearest (BM) continues to rear her head and continues to go after DH for more support money - per our lawyer, DH complied and began paying an increase in his support payments for SD (17 soon to be 18 in September) due to his increase in salary.  It was quiet for a few months.  DH thought the increase in monthly support must have placated BM.  I told him, the holidays are right around the corner - she will have her lawyer reach out just before Christmas demanding retroactive support for 3 years.  And low and behold, December 19th, our lawyer called DH.  Narcassists are very predictable.

For those who don't know the back end of this saga, here is the short version - DH and BM never married, had two children:  SD 17 and SS would have been 23 but passed away due to an overdose last January.  SD lived with BM, SS lived with DH and I.  BM never worked and got a doctor to sign off on disability papers after the separation which was 8+ years ago.  Separation agreement stated that DH's support for SD would be reduced because DH signed over the car, the house, took on all of the debt and walked away with his clothes only just to get out of the situation and so that his daughter (SD) had a home to grow up in.  Fast forward 7+ years and SD will be turning 18 in September, and will not be attending school full time or at all, meaning that support will end.  BM realizes this and decides to go after DH for more and as much as she can.  BM is a classic narcassist and we have had many issues with her over the years, but since the passing of SS, she has become unhinged and began harrassing DH without any reason.  He eventually had to cut off communication with her.  This infuriated her even more and she swore she would "ruin" him.  Note that DH never missed a support payment, was always on time, and paid her directly per the agreement.  She could have reached out at any time to request a change in support and but did not until this past July. First by email from herself which was not responded to because of her harrassment and then a few months later by her lawyer with a threatening email to DH requesting notices of assessments for 3 years, threatening retroactive support for 7 years, that his paycheques would be garnished, that he would have to pay her legal fees. 

Our lawyer determined that DH would have to begin increasing his support payments due to his salary change which DH did.  Crickets for another 2 months.  Until December 19th, last night.  She still wants retroactive for 3 years - this is for the difference in support payments - totalling $10K.  And here's the worst demand of all:  she now wants DH to pay for 3 months of support from back in 2018 when SS, 17 at the time, left our home and moved in with her for 3 months (Oct-Dec) because he did not want abide by basic house rules (no drugs - his addiction was becoming worse at that time, go to school, curfew).  At that the time stated that we didn't have to pay support for him due to the fact that he was 17 and left of his own accord.  Having said that, because SS was in BM's care/home at the end of that year, she was able to claim him on her income tax and received a sum of $5K for him and kept it all.  DH did not bother going after her for any of it. Not worth the fight.  This demand doesn't have any merit.  But it goes to show the lengths she will go to get more money from DH.  Disgusting.

Unfortunately, our lawyer has advised that to fight any of this in court would be costly and more than likely she would win the 3 year retro anyway.  Therefore our lawyer has advised that offer BM $5K lump sum with a stipulation that when SD turns 18 that support payments will stop unless she is enrolled in a full time education program - which we all know, as unfortunate as it is to say this, she won't as she is only attending part time - 2 classes a day - and doesn't event attend school regularly - she is very far behind in even graduating high school (BM is ok with her "taking her time" and has told her that when she turns 18 she can do what she wants). Knowing BM, I predict she will either a) accept the $5K just to get some cash in her pocket (we all know the $ doesn't go towards SD); or b) she will not accept it and go for the for the full $10K but that will take some time to get.  In order to pay BM off, for lack of a better term but it is quite appropo in this instance as DH feels like he is being extorted, we have to dip into the education savings fund that we had saved for SD which is also unfortunate.

And on top of all this, our bank account has been wiped by a scammer/hacker not even two days prior to all of this.  It is under investigation and our account won't be credited back for 7-10 business days.  Merry effin' Christmas.

Rags's picture

You need a new attorney that is worth a shit. This one is a ball-less inept sheister. IMHO.

Better to go get a killer shark that costs a ton and who will leave the opposition quivering in a pile of evisceration than to let an attorney keep pegging you for fees to advise you to continue placating the toxic opposition.

To me, the cost of eviscerating and shredding the toxic is well worth the added cost of baring their asses in court. Even when there is a risk of losing in court.  Your identified risk is some additional legal fees. You know what BM is trying to extort you out of via the courts.  Put that aside to pay if you lose, pay a shark, and enjoy the flying body parts that follow as BM quivers on the stand in court in tears and SD sees what happens to manipulative idiot people.

We never lost, though we never got 100% of what we were going for.  Idiot SpermLand bottom 10%ers of the legal profession Judges always flirted with nailing the Spermidiot and the SpermClan to the wall by the wrinkly sack and short and curlies but.... never quite got there.  They ruled in our favor, but always did the placation dance so as to not hurt the SpermClan's fee fees.  Increased CS, stern lectures, then... "Any child would be blessed to have the love and support of this fine family."

More like, any kid cursed to wallow in this shit puddle of a shallow and polluted gene pool is doomed.

Even when we won, or mostly won, family law court skeeved me out. I have never walked out of  family law court not feeling like I needed a scalding hot high pressure shower. The Judges are slime, the opposition is slime, their attorney is slime, and sadly, our first attorney though good hearted and committed to "can't we all just get along"... emited a level of naive slime as well. 

We did whatever was necessary to make sure SS did no more than dip a toe in that septic tank of shit.

SS-31 is a viable self supporting successful adult.  He is a man of character and honor. Something no one else even remotely affiliated with the SpermClan ever has accomplished.

The three younger Spermidiot spawned half sibs by two other baby mamas  all raised by SpermGrandHag include #2 who is on the dole, #3 who is in prison, and #4 who is not far behind the inmate.

All it generally took after we replaced our ball-less placating SpermLand attorney with our killer shark was for an envelope on Killer Shark Esq letter head and they dove back under the slime covered rock they reside under at the bottom of their shallow and polluted gene pool.

We only went to court once after going with the Shark.  A firm letter outlining the consequences of continuing their bullshit usually dealt with them readily.  I get that you are months from the end.  Do not respond. End CS per the CO or whatever agreement is in place when SD turns 18.  No more money to BM after that without a Scopes Monkey Trial level of legal battle.  If BM files and it progresses to court, meet her there after  you chum the waters and get a new Shark attorney charged up for a feeding frenzy.

Do not give SD money unless she gives you a grade sheet at the end of the semester showing she has a C or above on every class. She can take out loans to pay then if she passes, daddy can pay off that loan. Follow that model until she either graduates, or the college fund is depleted. Then... good luck Skid. Write when you find work.  No matter what, when CS ends, not one Cent goes to BM. Any further support or gifts goes directly to SD. BM... can starve and rot.

Go for her throat. Enjoy it!

We would.

CLove's picture

Wait, what? Shes barely in school and gets suspended and is a regular truant for most of the year, but has an education fund?

Id call that your vacation fund, and find a better lawyer.

Uddermudder123's picture

I've reached out to another lawyer for a second opinion. But because of the holidays, he is away until the 4th.  

As well, the education fund - well, that will be used to either a) pay the BM off per the current offer; or b) used for legal expenses.

Winterglow's picture

Just a minute, all this is focused on your DH's earnings - what about BM's income?

Winterglow's picture

Your lawyer is a waste of space and money. Find a pit bull.

Uddermudder123's picture

BM convinced a doctor years ago to sign disability papers so she doesn't have to work.  Therefore she is on the system.  And that's also what I said to our lawyer - if she is asking for DH's notices of assessment, we should be asking fo her's a well.  I agree that DH's lawyer is not advocating for him - he's old and wants to retire and doesn't have it in him to fight.  He was a great lawyer once upon a time.

Uddermudder123's picture

We know that she has had a roommate for the past 7 years up until this past May (she burned her bridges there too).  Paying her under cash of course.  But I'll be reporting her (anonymously) to CRA (equivalent to IRS in US).  I'm not sure they will find anything, but if they even open a investigation that will instill a bit of fear into her.