You are here

Need Advice! Anyone here Familiar with “PINS” program??

Stepmomkate1's picture

SS14 is getting more Resistant to going to school and doing school work both at home or at school.  He's the class Clown and gets into trouble daily for goofing off and Distracting the class. The school told DH if SS14 starts to refuse to go to school they will file a "PINS" Petition. I know it means "Person in need of supervision". BUT how do they make SS14 go to school if he refuses? Drag him out of the house screaming because it would come to that? 

Anyone have experience with PINS? If so what happens if SS gets put on it?

justmakingthebest's picture

I don't have experience with it, but that would be an interesting concept. The truancy officer shows up and pulls their little delinquent butt out of bed! LOL

Ok, that probably won't happen but maybe it means that a teacher aide is with them all day in school? I'm not sure how that is going to stop an A-hole kid from being an A-hole, I don't envy the person who has that job, for sure!! 

Stepmomkate1's picture

They can have a "aid" sit with him BUT the problem is if SS14 refuses to even go to school how will the "PINS" program help? SS14 Attitude is he does not care and will do as he pleases. 

notarelative's picture

The PINS diversion program provides short term intensive in-home, family-centered interventions...

Internet seems to indict that PINS involves everyone living in the household.