You are here

Never have Skid

Mamasammy's picture

Sad really. We rarely have skid anymore. Skids family is a little wack. Mom isn’t very involved and her mother considers herself to be the kids mom. She’s always wanted another kid but kept having miscarriages so this is like the kid she never had and skids mom is okay with that. Skids grandparents are crazy. They don’t like skid coming over to our house much. We were almost at 50/50 custody and they went wack and said skid isn’t doing well with overnights at our house so my husband backed out of having him overnights. Not to sound like a bitch but my husband is a kissy when it comes to speaking up. He’s your son you can have him. They’ve made accusations in the past of me being a child abuser which is 100% not true. He’s scared if we have him more again they’ll make worse accusations. My husband is rather lazy. He likes the idea of being s father but doesn’t like the responsibility that comes with being one. We have skid three fats a week now sometimes. My husband will often go out fo drinks with friends/coworkers or is too tired to get him when he gets home from work so just won’t have him and I’ve honestly had it. It’s not fair to his son and it’s not fair to our son. Our son loves playing with skid and is always asking where he is. It’s sad neither of them have consistency when it comes to skid coming over. 

shamds's picture

add to that a crappy intentionally absent dad who wants to be a glorified dad without doing the work.. screw that!! 

I’ve told my husband this before that he wants to give off impression of happy family man without doing the hard work of being a dad

Rags's picture

Having experienced this with your DH why would you have a child of  your own with this guy?

Weak parents in weak relationships have forever attempted to use creating a new child  in an effort to shore up weak marriages. It doesn't work.  Creating an "ours" child has also been used forever as a way to bond blended families that are failing to set.  That also doesn't work.

The odds of a "fix it" baby actually fixing anything are so slim that the attempt is pure insanity.

Though difficult, IMHO it is better for a quality parent to end the relationship with the failed parent and raise that child with limited exposure to the failed parent and the failed parent's clan than it is to continually expose that child to the influences of the failed parent and their prior relationship children.

Knowing what you know, please do not have another child with this man.  Save your child, save yourself.

If you want to have more children, find a quality partner and do it with intelligence.

Mamasammy's picture

we have a child together already.