You are here

New thing my people hating SS said today

CalliMay09's picture

In my last post I stated SS13 hates ALL people and told he wants to build a Death Star to kill everyone. SEE LAST POST 

Well today I tried to get SS13 to go for a walk with the dog outside because all he does is watch tv or play video games. SS refused and I ask why and SS said because there are people out there and I don't want to be around them. Not the first time he said this BUT this time I asked WHY he hates people. SS13 said people are evil because they have negitive thoughts which makes them bad. Now part of me is thinking SS is making some of this up because he wants to play video games but I question WHY he would carry it so far as to say he wishes he could make a black hole or Death Star to kill everyone???

SS sees a therapist already for mood disorders and on medication. 

justmakingthebest's picture

I responded on your last post. I wanted to add that my SS was misdiagnosed. At 7 the doctors said he was Bipolar and ODD. At 13 he got his Autism diagnosis. At 20- just a few weeks ago they took off Bipolar after I insisted that DH allow me to have him fully evaluated. His "episodes" as a child were all related to his Autism. 

My SS says weird stuff like this all the time. He hates being in crowds or having to carry on a conversation that isn't what is in his head right now. He doesn't have empathy and he doesn't really care what anyone else is doing. It isn't his fault. It is what his disorder is like. Going on walks was either torture for me listening to him ramble on about nonsense that was popping in his head or torture for him with me guiding a conversation back to the real world.

Rags's picture

Time to call the therapist and tune them up on SS's newest toxic crap. 

In all liklihood... it is just manipulation to be able to play video games.  

I would solve this by purging all video games from my home.

It worked for us with my game addicted then teen SS.  We purged games when he was in 6-7th grades and there were no games in our home after that.  

The military took over managing his behaviors after he graduated from HS and turned 18.  Not at 28 he can manage his gamming effectively and deliver performance in his career and personal life.

If we had not purged his addiction early, I am not sure what the outcome would have been. 

Amanita's picture

Is it okay to ask what mood disorder(s) your SS was diagnosed with? I think that information could give us more to work with in terms of trying to figure out this situation and solutions for it. 

I agree that SS's therapist should be notified about this new "thing" of his. When I was younger, I went through a bit of a "misanthopic" phase. After realizing that many people will let me down, mistreat others, mistreat the Earth, and do lots of other things that complicate or toxify everyone's lives, I decided that I didn't like humanity very much anymore.

How old is your SS, though? He may be a bit young for big thinking like that. It's possible he is using this new thing of his as a manipulation to continue on with his video game habit. It's also possible that he is latching on to a past incident that has hurt or bothered him, and has continued to build on it in this way.

How does your partner feel about this new development? Worried at all? Laughing it off? 

Tara456's picture

He either has mental health issues or is playing you. SK here has realised if he pretends to have mental health problems/says he is suffering/dyslexia etc he gets rewarded. Extra time for exams (he doesn't have dyslexia, he was jealous of others having more time), use of a computer in exams because he complained his hands hurt if he writes, doesn't have to do anything which the school gives him as punishment because he finds it too "stressful", and he knows if he leaves notes around the house threatening to kill himself, he gets bought things and doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to. 

He says similar things about how everyone is evil, everyone is out to get him, but he also is addicted to conspiracy theories and is paranoid. If an adult tells him something that everyone normally accepts, eg the school phoned today and they said X, he'll suggest the phone was hacked, how could you prove it was the school who called anyway, he pretends he doesn't believe what the said and you're making it up, and he'll ask adults to prove the conversation took place. Genuinely, I think there is some paranoia and twisted thinking going on, but I also know he will do this and walk off with a smile and brag to his siblings about how he's played Mum/Dad/Teachers again and isn't he so much more a superior human being.