You are here

New Years Eve............

swstepmom's picture

Does everyone have the Skids on New Years? My DH wants to go get ss12 on new years eve and he lives in another state......it would take him ALL day to go there and back and I don't really want him to go because I would like to spend new year's with dh. Am I being selfish in this? We have ALWAYS spent New years together.......DH says he will be back in time but it being that far away anything could happen. Not to mention I don't think it's a great time to travel either! We also still have to pick up the rest of his Christmas so I thought we could do that then get SS although I'm sure he won't like anything we get him and most definitely won't appreciate a thing! He is upset with me because I mentioned getting SS a couple days later. We ALWAYS have SS on New Years even before DH and I had children together, so I always had to stay home and NOT do anything but watch DH and SS spend all their time together. If I mentioned going out then he said well I can't see just leaving SS. SOOOO tired of fighting every time SS name is even mentioned.

Ommy's picture

we are supposed to have them on my birthday and that will not happen either. Oh and FDH better not volunteer to take them on valentines day this year (he did last year because we werent "public" with our relationship and BM would have found out about me sooner), If he does I will need help digging a very deep hole we could always make room for 2....

swstepmom's picture

Smommy79- I hope things work out and you get to have fun this new years eve. Maybe his parents will watch them for you! I wish my last new years eve would have been! If your skids are anything like mine, they have to have full attention ALL the time....I mean arms around DH and just standing there acting like a 5 year old even though it really is ALL an act! Hopefully you and DH will have some alone time!

ignoredsm- Way to go DH! Wow! Wish mine was a little more like that! When we get a "chance" to get SS it seems that its the most important thing!

Auteur's picture

((((((SHUDDER)))))))) Giving me flashbacks here. Seems the BMs are more than willing to have the skiddies taken away on ADULT holidays like New Years and Valentines day for *some* reason!!!

GG and I have NEVER celebrated any adult holidays even now that the skids are PASed out as he is in a constant state of mourning over them. He used to insist I get "kiddie champagne" and he made it into a SKIDS holiday. :sick: :sick:

And a sitter???!!! NO WAY!! Not his precious "angels!" He didn't "trust" anyone with them. :sick:

Meanwhile the Behemoth was living it up at adult parties!!!

Auteur's picture

"We can't do anything ADULT because we have the kid EVERY FLIPPIN WEEKEND!!!"

That was me from Nov 2003-July 2006

Auteur's picture

Actually it was July of 07!!!!

Eight months after we moved into the dump of a house I bought to be "closer to the skids" (TM) which BACKFIRED SEVERELY

Believe me it would have gone on a lot longer had GG not seen how spoiling them to the absolute max for almost four years was doing them no good. He started instituting tiny chores for a couple of weekends in June of 2007 and that set the Behemoth all ablaze. So much so that she launched a phoney CPS report on us, had the skids lie about it and run it up the flagpole.

Eventually things come to a head.

3798HH's picture

we get SS7 on Christmas Eve night about 7pm.. Christmas Eve is OUR WEDDING ANN. This year was our first anniversary but of course DH doesn't have to balls to tell BM that we will get him Christmas morning instead.. I said sooo we will never get to celebrate our anniversary until he is 18??? DH ignored me... We will have the monster EVERY Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day, we have had him since DEc 24.. and he will go back tomorrow THANK GOD... and don't have to look at him again till NEXT Friday Sad DAMNIT.. I could go the rest of my life without seeing this kid!

Roarin1's picture

I think that you have to be realistic here. He's a father first and DH second. Just like mothers put their children first, a lot of fathers do too, and that should be expected. I understand you wanting him to yourself for New Years, with it's romantic traditions and such, but while you may want to drop the SS in a giant blender, your DH loves him. Maybe schedule a make-up date so that you and DH can have a special night together without any child involvement. Date night is a healthy practice for any romantic relationship.

Newstep's picture

Yippee for me we don't have SD12 this year and we didn't have her last year either!!! I love it we are having a few people over and just having a good time. If SD12 get wind of it she will try to get herself over to our house. I don't want her over she turns into this needy little brat that is glued to SO's side whenever we have company over I hate it!!!

IfearImgoinnutz's picture

This will be my first NYE w/ my DH and we will have my DD9 and DD5 AND his DD8 and DD6. WOOHOO 2012! lol

justa102's picture

We have SD6 and SD11 this year. This is the first New Years Eve we've had them. So instead of it just being us four sitting on the couch watching the ball drop, I invited my friend, her husband and her two kids to come over to. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. I'll find out! Hopefully the kids get along and will attempt to keep each other busy. My friend's daughter adores me so I absolutely don't have a problem with her! But at least I'll have my friend there.

I wasn't even asked if we were even doing anything for New Years Eve.. My FDH just sprung it on me. "My kids are coming over New Years Eve." I thought by now FDH would know to ask me before answering back to BM about holidays like this just to make sure we weren't doing anything. Could you imagine if I did have something special planned. But.. I didn't feel I had a choice in THIS matter.

thefunmommy's picture

We had skids last NYE and will probably (95%) have them this year as well because BM "gots plans." Nevermind she only had them MAYBE 4 or 5 nights THE ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER. Supposed to be 50/50, but heaven forbid she have HER OWN CHILDREN when there's any available excuse not to (ex, DH's birthday, "the kids want to spend your birthday with you, don't you want them to share that day with you?" BM's birthday, "No, it's my birthday, I want to spend the day relaxing, and go out" total BS) Of course DH and I don't get a say in it. She wants to go out, and would probably drop them on our doorstep then blame us for not being there if we said no.