You are here

Not a hotel.. 16 and 17 year old don't know how to wash a dish!

Mentalgirl48's picture

So dad is home today with his boys.. I worked. We have the weekend off together so it's boys all weekend. I come home to dishes left from. Last night.. Nothing touched all day. Told him that boys need to be responsible for washing their own dishes this is ridiculous. Dad works out of town and it's usually just me here.. No messes.. It's nice and clean when he arrives with boys. They all come and make a compete mess and leave shit everywhere. What the hell! No respect! Dad says he doesn't think that they do chores at bms house. I don't give a shit. They Damn well better start here!!!

hereiam's picture

What they do or don't do at BM's has nothing to do with anything. Lame excuse.

Chores? Cleaning up after yourself is not considered "doing chores".

Your BF sounds just as bad as his sons so, I guess it's no mystery why they have so little respect.

So, are they cleaning it up now? Tell them you want it to look just like it did when they arrived.

I still think you are being taken advantage of by all of them.

Orange County Ca's picture

Did you save up for a week?

At 16/17 yo boy can be taught tricks like washing a dish contrary to what they'll tell you but it does require someone standing over them every minute threatening death until its done.

If their BM does everything, as some women still do despite working, then they would not be in the habit of cleaning so greater perseverance will be necessary. Like leaving it alone until they're gone and telling Daddy its his problem now.

erica259's picture

I completely understand....ii is everything with my SS17. Dishes, bathroom sink (toothpaste) his room, garbage, which is his only chore....I have to remind him daily and it's old.