You are here

Nothing good happens in court...

try2relax's picture

Just wanted to update... Went to court today. BM brought us back for more child support cause she quit her job and now makes like $9 an hour or something (more than half of what she's been making for years). So she got to court w/ nothing, no papers filled out, no documentation, just a pay stub. My husband had all his ducks in a row, but .... she got what she wanted. They didn't even LOOK at anything he had except what he makes. Didn't care that we have them F/S/Sun every week - infact they said 'thats not that much'. Then she lied about daycare costs, she looked like a complete fool yet she got more money, so thats all that really matters to her.

tomorrow, DH is bringing the 5 year old to the dentist... he has to have a tooth out - they've just admitted to us that they NEVER brush their teeth with her.

interesting how messed up life and "the system" are.

everythinghappens4areason's picture

Hubby has to have everything filled out and filed to a T, BM on the other hand never has anything properly filed, etc and for some reason she never gets any flack. "Usually" whatever she asks for, she gets.

Personally I don't know how you do it having them every weekend, I would go crazy!!

Corie

losingmymind's picture

You can appeal this decision and see a higher judge based on documentation not coming into play. We had to do that once. We went in front of a hearing officer and DH lost his behind because like your case the HO didn't even bother to look at documentation and so we did a dunovo hearing (appeal) and got a district judge and of course won. If you do all this pro se you can still do it too. Your DH can even send a letter to BM requesting that she provide to him for the purposes of the hearing, her paycheck stubs, proof of day-care costs or your DH could go up there and get it from daycare..it's his child too. Then I would see if DH could get a letter from her old empolyer to show that she quit. PM me if you want more.

bellacita's picture

i know if my fiancee would quit his job and take a lower paying job his CS obligation wouldnt go down bc of his "income potential" so why does BMs go up if she VOLUNTARILY quits a well paying job to make less??? somethin aint rite here....

bellacita's picture

i understand that there really are deadbeat dad who tried to skip out on their kids...trust me, i had one. my father never gave my mom a dime in CS and moved to CA and was working under the table to avoid helping me mom raise me...BUT there are some really bad women too AND not every custody dispute is due to divorce. there are women who lie and trick men into having kids and then financially and emotionally rape them for the next 18 yrs and no one cares...ugh. okay, well so thats more of MY story and i disgress...but the bottom line is whats good for the goose is good for the gander rite? so why arent the BMs held to the same standards as the NCPs???

bellacita's picture

has falsely accused me and now my SS of abusing her precious child and i cant wait to hear what the judge says to her...probably nothing at all...

bellacita's picture

that would be fair, especially to the victims of it who cant afford legal representation.

losingmymind's picture

OMG!! Where was that at??? We have a failing child issue and my DH is ORDERED to pay extra for "special needs" because BM said SD needed a tutor that she Sill hasn't gotten and now SD will have to be held back?

losingmymind's picture

wow!! That is really extreme!! I agree, it shouldn't be a criminal matter no matter what. Well, only in like abuse and stuff but for school!!! I just wish we could get a judge that lets BM's get away with everything meet this guy and maybe then we could at least open his eyes and then just get a fair one. I would never with jail on anyone at all ever!

try2relax's picture

The HO looked at my husband and said, "maybe you should've stopped at one (kid)". HELL YEAH HE SHOULD OF LOL