You are here

The other woman?

girlonstage22's picture

K so of course when everything is going right, something happens. Well nothing has gone wrong with the BM, SD, etc. It's something with me. Last night I was hit with feelings I hadn't dealt. The fact that there will always be this other "family." I know they're divorced and we will have our own family. But I realized last nite she will never go away. I had always been aware of that but hadn't really dealt with it.So here's what happened. Right now my boyfriend and I live an hour and half away from each. I am still in college right now so we normally see each other on weekends. So anyway, I drove to see him yesterday. He had told me he had to go to the funeral home in his hometown (not far) and he was going to stop by to check on SD who has the flu. I suggested he take her some soup and a movie. So all was ok, I was totally okay with him going over there. Well then around 7:30 right before he heads to his house, BM calls bc she is taking SD to ER because her face was swollen. thought it was reaction to meds but turned out ok. So I understood why he needed to go up there and be with SD. I wouldn't ask him to choose me over her. But having said I got so irritated because i had driven to see him and he didn't get back until after 9:30. I had not eaten bc I had waited on him and he didn't have any food at his house. So then I just got more irritated. I had to get up really early to drive back for my class and was just mad that the night was ruined.

I realize that this is nothing. And that this is something that I have to deal with. I have really thought about if it was worth to me and I think it is. I want to be with this man, marry him. I was just wondering how some of you have dealt with the feelings of there being "another woman" and such. How do you get over knowing she is there?

girlonstage22's picture

yeah I changed the topic...didn't like the first

OldTimer's picture

For me, there was no question that she would not 'disappear'... I came into this relationship fully aware that there she be. And there she blow.

So, for me, I have always known that she will be here, to contend with for the rest of my life. I had to ask myself, was I willing to accept that? And I was. Life changes, you move on.

Now, I didn't know about SD's BM, but nor did my DH either. So, for both of us, that was a surprise. Had I known that I would have to deal with two BM's, I probably would have thought twice if I knew what I know now, but because DH had no idea, how fair was that for me to 'fault' him on it? It wasn't his fault. He probably would have tried to work it out with her for the sake of his child, being that the state of his divorce left him with his son. But, he and I were a couple and we loved each other.

So, for me to answer your question. I always knew/know that yes, there will always be 'another women', but the fact remains that I am my DH's woman- not them.

Wink StepMom

Man has the intelligence to change his life,
Sometimes, he just fails to use it...