You are here

Question on 1/2 and 1/2 bills

Over_it75's picture

I am having a hard time trying to figure this out and want to know if I'm wrong or another opinion.

BM sends bills for invoices on medical and dental she has paid requesting 1/2 of what she paid per the court order.

Now she is sending invoices on items such as school lunches, ring dance tickets, his school ring, which DH did not get asked to help or assist much just told he has to pay half.

It was my understanding this is a choice to pay for those items as he has a job and he never asked, our attorney said its a choice pay for that, not a shared amount to split.

Anyone else have this, I'm trying to think of the proper wording without being rude to her.

I love dogs's picture

Ignore the requests/ receipts if they are not court ordered. That isn't "rude" if you ask me. Does she receive child support? If so, THAT is what CS is for.

Over_it75's picture

We do actually ignore the requests, but she sends repeated requests over and over will an amount accumulating. We just paid for his Tux and school clothes but offered, so I don't feel like asking for half, we offered to help him, as a full time student and he is workign it was a nicety, no neither pay child support, they just split bills for medical /dental stuff.

Over_it75's picture

You have no idea, we know how BM's work LOL

I love dogs's picture

Well at least her petty requests are almost over! I like what another poster said about sending her a short sentence about 1/2 of medical and dental will be reimbursed. I wish you could get a big, fat, red DENIED stamp to scan back to her! That would be amazing! Also, so annoying that she gets procedures done without so much as consulting dad then sticks her hand out for his "half". Grr!

notasm3's picture

Just send her a short sentence that states you are responsible for paying 1/2 of the medical/dental, etc. expenses. No need to list what you are NOT going to pay for.  After that just toss her "invoices".  FYI - I would never pay the medical and dental directly to her.  You should be paying the provider directly.

Over_it75's picture

She pays the provider directly then he reimburses her half.  All bills go directly to her and we have no notice of when appointments are until after the fact. Case in point, he had wisdom teeth pulled we found out after when she sent us bills for his prescriptions to be filled and wanted half.

hereiam's picture

She can send all of the "invoices" she wants, if it's not in the court order, I would ignore them or get a stamp made that says, "NOT PAYING", and send them back.

Rags's picture

The extras should be a firm NO!  She can invoice all she wants.  DH is not obligated to pay crap off her invoice even if the invoice is for CO'd expense.  He pays off of receipts she produces for medical expenses not covered my insurance.  No receipt, not one Cent does she get.

We played this game with my SS's SpermClan on their half of medical expenses.  We would copy all of the receipts and send them twice a year with a summary spreadsheet.  They never paid.  Even though they were COd to pay half of med and dental costed not covered by insurance, the family court judge told us we would have to sue them in small claims court.  SS is now 29 and we still send the SpermClan copies of the receipts and spread sheet summary adding penalties and interest at the rates from the IRS tables.  

Just to piss them off and remind them how shit filled their gene pool is.

Our son wrote them off years ago.